Aurora Borealis red alert for the Uk tonight.

Caporegime
Definitely saw it yesterday thanks to this thread - however the pics are BS. Someone literally posted in the group where I used to live "take a photo to see it properly!" because it enhanced the crap out of the colours. Photos are all BS.

Wait, you mean the sky wasn’t bright pink, purple and/or green. I want my money back :mad:

Associate
Definitely saw it yesterday thanks to this thread - however the pics are BS. Someone literally posted in the group where I used to live "take a photo to see it properly!" because it enhanced the crap out of the colours. Photos are all BS.

That’s what cameras do - allow you to see other parts of the spectrum that are of less intensity than your eyes can manage.

The aurora ARE those colours, it’s just that they aren’t that intense at this low a latitude. I’ve seen them with my own eyes exactly as these photos show them when I was in Norway, up a hill with a clear sky, and you could see the colours moving. I’ve also been the Iceland and seen them with the same intensity with the naked eye, but without the colour to them unless I used my camera. The same was true from a plane over the Orkneys.

Man of Honour
2OOCRYU.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom