Caporegime
Is it arson if you set the fire to create a fire break?
I suspect that for it not to be arson you'd have to get approval from the local authorities, and probably supervision/professional help.

Otherwise you might start a fire with the best of intentions, only for it to get out of control, and that would still be arson.

In fact I'm fairly sure you'd have to be certified for that kind of thing, even if it was on your own land.

Soldato
I suspect that for it not to be arson you'd have to get approval from the local authorities, and probably supervision/professional help.

Otherwise you might start a fire with the best of intentions, only for it to get out of control, and that would still be arson.

In fact I'm fairly sure you'd have to be certified for that kind of thing, even if it was on your own land.

In think my point is here, like with the people who (Amazingly!) stayed to defend their home,

Had they set a fire to create a break, even if it had subsequently spread downwind (Which wouldn't have made much difference to the bigger picture) Would that be considered arson?

Caporegime
OP
Is it arson if you set the fire to create a fire break?

No, but you'll need authorisation for it during a total fire ban.

In think my point is here, like with the people who (Amazingly!) stayed to defend their home,

Had they set a fire to create a break, even if it had subsequently spread downwind (Which wouldn't have made much difference to the bigger picture) Would that be considered arson?

No.

Soldato
"Police take legal action against more than 180 people so far during 2019/2020 bushfire season"

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/...vdi5hdSUyRm1lZGlhJTJGODIyNjQuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

"24 people have been charged over alleged deliberately-lit bushfires"
"53 people have had legal actions for allegedly failing to comply with a total fire ban"
"47 people have had legal actions for allegedly discarding a lighted cigarette or match on land."

What a bunch of idiots.

Caporegime
OP
"Police take legal action against more than 180 people so far during 2019/2020 bushfire season"

And only 24 were for deliberately lit bushfires.

What a bunch of idiots.

We get 'em every year.

The fire was extinguished before it caused any damage to properties. No one was injured.

Soldato
And only 24 were for deliberately lit bushfires.

Here you go again ONLY 24.
Just one of those could have started the biggest fire.
You liberals always(well you do)take the lowest number and hope for the best.

The fire was extinguished before it caused any damage to properties. No one was injured.We get 'em every year.

I was talking about idiots starting fires.
So my post stands.

X

X

Caporegime
Here you go again ONLY 24.
Just one of those could have started the biggest fire.
You liberals always(well you do)take the lowest number and hope for the best.

So my post stands.

You're not doing yourself any favours here by attempting to label people as "you liberals" and then immediately undermining your post by confusing "have" and "of". People might discard what you have to say as rubbish due to your inability to construct a proper sentence.

As for the point you're trying to make, I agree that 24 is far too high, but even then, here's a quote from the UK National Fire Chiefs board:

Arson accounted for 50.5% of all fires attended in 2017/18 by Fire & Rescue Services in the whole of the United Kingdom (213,782 fires attended; 108,024 deliberate). This is the largest, single cause of fire attended by FRSs:

So yes, 24 is far too high but those 24 can easily be disregarded as simple mischief which got out of control, rather than people walking around like Firebats trying to burn the country to the ground.

That said, I'm sure "TWENTY FOUR PEOPLE BURN AUSTRALIA, KILLING MILLIONS" is a much more dramatic headline for your purposes than "24 idiots accidentally cause fires by messing around". I suspect most of those are insurance fraud anyway.

Luckily not everyone lives in the States or suffers from Acute Trumpism™ and are able to use our common sense to determine what's actually going on.

Soldato
You're not doing yourself any favours here by attempting to label people as "you liberals" and then immediately undermining your post by confusing "have" and "of". People might discard what you have to say as rubbish due to your inability to construct a proper sentence.

As for the point you're trying to make, I agree that 24 is far too high, but even then, here's a quote from the UK National Fire Chiefs board:

We are talking about Australia.
Using stats from the UK is just plain silly and you know it.

And if you followed the links. It was NSW Police and NOT ALL OF AUSTRALIA...some people.

Suspended
Oh god another Lib losing the plot.

Did you not read the link from NSW police?
What I posted is from them......or are you calling NSW police lairs?

No, but if you bothered to watch what I linked to, you'll see that all the largest fires are attributed to climate change, not arsonists.

Soldato

If you want to argue against climate change causing these fires, then what is your argument for the environment that has allowed these fires to get so bad ?

It's like the moor fires we had in the UK the other year, they were all caused by humans setting the fires but the conditions that lead to them getting out of control is entirely on the climate

Caporegime
OP
scomo-smoke-gets-in-your-eyes.png

Back
Top Bottom