Australian GP 2009 - Race 1/17 (NOT in HD BTW)

Jordan has done far too much of the talking in this forum, doesn't seem to want to let Martin or DC get a word in edgeways!

Shame seeing as they are the 2 drivers yet he's giving the opinion on the incidents!

EJ isn't too bad. ITV F1 got off to a slow awkward start but so far he's the only weak link of this coverage so far! Suitably impressed.

Notice the Henri Lloyd name on JB's cap now?

Henri Lloyd have been a sponsor before Brawn came to Australia, I just don't think they're a big sponsor.

Well, that was fun!

Awful start from Rubens (did he say his anti-stall kicked in?) and Kubica did well to stay out of his gearbox there. Looks like that first corner incident was triggered by Kovaleinen so not really Rubens' fault IMO.

These 2009 cars look tough - we saw lots of wheels banging sidepods, barriers, wings getting clouted, yet the wishbones and pushrods stayed intact through most of the incidents. That wouldn't have happened last year I think.

Kubica was blistering at the end and reeling in Vettel (great drive from him) and Button (those green stripe tyres fall to bits so quickly) just a shame it couldn't end better for him. The incident looked 50/50 to me between those two, not a lot that either driver could do about it.

Good drive by Hamilton, stayed out of trouble and made up plenty of track position out there. KERS definitely works, he was really reeling in some of the midfielders with it.

The Renault looks like a bit of a bus. The Ferrari looks good when it's working, but obviously issues for both drivers at the end - Kimi put it in the wall pretty hard which is not the first time he's dropped the ball near the end (surpised it kept all 4 wheels from that)

Great race from Button, the safety car coming out twice could have thoroughly cocked his day up but he didn't let it get to him. Really pleased for him and hope the team can keep up the performance.

Main plus for me is how close the cars seem to be. Nobody looked like romping away through the whole race.

Roll on round 2!

Here's an interesting bunch of IF statements...

IF Hamilton is promoted to 3rd place and Truli demoted to 4th
and
IF Brawn cars get disqualified at the appeal hearing in a few weeks (hope not!)

Then Hamilton would inherit the race win.

I just put my HamiltonVision goggles on for a minute there to think of that one :p

Back
Top Bottom