Australian GP 2009 - Race 1/17 (NOT in HD BTW)

Here's an interesting bunch of IF statements...

IF Hamilton is promoted to 3rd place and Truli demoted to 4th
and
IF Brawn cars get disqualified at the appeal hearing in a few weeks (hope not!)

Then Hamilton would inherit the race win.

I just put my HamiltonVision goggles on for a minute there to think of that one :p

History dictates that even if the FIA say the diffusers are illegal the teams will be allowed to keep their points prior to that decision. General feeling is they will be found to be legal :)

Here's an interesting bunch of IF statements...

IF Hamilton is promoted to 3rd place and Truli demoted to 4th
and
IF Brawn cars get disqualified at the appeal hearing in a few weeks (hope not!)

Then Hamilton would inherit the race win.

I just put my HamiltonVision goggles on for a minute there to think of that one :p

Already been thought of :p

And it seems doubtful that Brawn will lose their 1-2.

Think Hamilton would get the win anyway as presumably all teams with the questionable defusers would be DQ'd including Toyota and Trulli.

Don't think it will happen and it would be a crying shame for F1 if it does.

Didn't they say that regardless of whether the Brawn cars are deemed illegal, the results from Australia and Malaysia stand?

I think thats how they interpreted it yes, because the stewards said they were legal, and so its only when it goes to appeal they can make them illegal but as things stand now, they are a legal part of the car, so they cant be stripped of the points.

Completely disagree with Eddie Jordan here. Vettel is on the inside line - Kubica turned in on him.
Both as bad as each other if anything!

Racing incident to me, 50:50 blame, either coudl have avoided it, both caused it, no further penalty required as they lost a podium/good points - perhaps the stewards just tell them off and not to do it again.

Interesting re the Hamilton/Trulli angle, might be nice if the stewards come down in Lewis' favour for a change ;)

EJ isn't too bad. ITV F1 got off to a slow awkward start but so far he's the only weak link of this coverage so far! Suitably impressed.

Notice the Henri Lloyd name on JB's cap now?

I'm impressed with BBC's coverage, all telemetry, timings and pit radio traffic from race one, not like ITV at all - remeber that first few races?

The Brawn cars also have the HL branding on the engine covers or sidepods - need to watch it again to be sure.

Awesome race, fairytale ending, just what F1 needed.

Racing incident to me, 50:50 blame, either coudl have avoided it, both caused it, no further penalty required as they lost a podium/good points - perhaps the stewards just tell them off and not to do it again.

Interesting re the Hamilton/Trulli angle, might be nice if the stewards come down in Lewis' favour for a change ;)

2 races in a row LH might be gifted an extra point or two from Toyota....wonder what they are getting in return ;)

I just have to throw this in.. trawling around other news sources, seeing a lovely quote from flavio briatore, complaining as he does about ross brawn's interpretation of the diffuser rules and how it could affect things.

"Since Mosley became president of the FIA, each change in regulations has been done to reduce speed and to disallow a return of ground effect and mini skirts,"

Somehow I doubt mosley has a problem with mini skirts, and neither would briatore..

Back
Top Bottom