Poll: Austrian Grand Prix 2021, Spielberg - Race 9/23

Rate the Austeian Grand Prix 2021 out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Russell's car is ****** :(

How can one person be so unlucky?

Williams now saying it looks ok..

I voted George for DOTD (could have done Lando easily).. but just before Alonso got him :( Gutted

I think the stewards were consistent but consistently penalizing... For me, Perez round Lando was nothing (no touch). Perez vs Charles Round 1 (Charles was ahead, so penalty), Round 2 (alongside, hmmm)

TBH I think Sergio is not great wheel to wheel... I remember how him n Ocon seemed to be magnetically attracted in their Force Indias

Associate
Well God forbid that anyone should not support Lewis Hamilton, The Messiah, One True Light And Saviour Of All™...

The posts of mjt and flibster do not suggest this so what provoked you to type the reply that you did?

Man of Honour
8 drivers summoned to the stewards for not respecting double yellow flags on the last lap.

Gasly, Ricciardo , Giovinazzi, Latifi, Raikkonen, Leclerc, Sainz, Perez

Man of Honour
Russell gone to the stewards too, summoned for moving in the braking zone while fighting with Raikkonen

Watching the Indy from Ohio.

It's a complete ***********... 2 multi car accidents in 5 laps. It's like an public lobby F1 2021 race. :D

Norris got a couple of penalty points as well as his 5 second penalty - he's now on 10. Will have 2 removed just before the British Grand Prix though, so will be on 8 for that race.

Perez got 4 for forcing Leclerc off the track... 2 points issued twice. Will be on 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
That's a race-win lead for Max in the WDC now. Lewis is going to need something special if he's going to keep the championship alive by the time we leave the European races. Merc need to hope their upgrades work, or for some Honda unreliability. The latter isn't entirely out of the question.

The penalties were a joke today, but at least Norris still managed to get on the podium, although he really should have been second. His penalty saved Mercedes even more blushes; being beaten on clear pace by a customer team.

Caporegime
That's a race-win lead for Max in the WDC now. Lewis is going to need something special if he's going to keep the championship alive by the time we leave the European races. Merc need to hope their upgrades work, or for some Honda unreliability. The latter isn't entirely out of the question.

The penalties were a joke today, but at least Norris still managed to get on the podium, although he really should have been second. His penalty saved Mercedes even more blushes; being beaten on clear pace by a customer team.
I seriously doubt Mercedes will catch Max now unless Max has a DNF. It just doesn’t seem feasible.

Commissario
I've not read the thread or the comments but just re-watching the race with my wife (she's generally out when it's on live) and even she commented on the stupidness of the five second penalties for Norris and then Perez. They were all just what happens when racing, none should have been even considered as penalties.

Back
Top Bottom