Avatar: The Way of the water (Dec 2022)

Soldato
Got the teaser trailer before Doctor Strange yesterday, looked well but didn't give much away. Will be worth watching purely to see how well it looks and if waiting for this new technology to be made has paid off.

Caporegime
Never thought much of the first one, weird cat people with vague features of the human actors pasted onto their faces. And the storyline as many have said was dances with wolves in space. Maybe this one will be a bit more original.

Soldato
I must be one of the few people not excited at all, I thought the first was terribly overrated. It will make a good demo disc though I guess.

Caporegime
I must be one of the few people not excited at all, I thought the first was terribly overrated. It will make a good demo disc though I guess.

Don't think you're one of the few. It's widely named as one of the most overrated films.

I must admit I loved it at the cinema but that was just because it was the first real 3D film and it was a great experience. It wasn't a good film and I've hardly been waiting 8 years to see the 8 planned sequels that will delve into the back story of the....blue people and the generic human military.

Soldato
Never watched the Original, don't plan on watching this one & I on the whole have liked James Cameron Films in the past. Somehow I don't think this will reach the heights of its predecessor because of the 13 year gap between them. As for 2 more after that - Meh.

Associate
Never thought much of the first one, weird cat people with vague features of the human actors pasted onto their faces. And the storyline as many have said was dances with wolves in space. Maybe this one will be a bit more original.
I though the story was very very similar to The Word For World Is Forest by Ursula K Le Guin:

Caporegime
I though the story was very very similar to The Word For World Is Forest by Ursula K Le Guin:

It's a story that's been done a lot, essentially native people getting shifted from their land by a superior force of settlers cause theres something on it or under it they want. Only this time the big twist was its in space. Hardly an inspired storyline at all, once you strip back all the cg it's nothing special at all really.

Back
Top Bottom