Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - *** WARNING: SPOILERS ***

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Best scene for humour is still when Drax says he’s “mastered becoming invisible” :D

Caporegime
The Quill realising Gamora was dead... then immediately doing the worst thing possible to avenge her by helping Thanos to live made no sense. Also the fact that not one of multiple superheroes didn't just knock him over the head. THe only person that needed to actively keep doing what they were doing was Mantis, everyone else could afford to stop and punch Quill in the face. IT was such a cheap crappy plot device.

Also as higher up, yeah, Hulk in the suit was horrible CGI.

My biggest issue was the whole we must keep them away from Vision... then they all basically ignored Vision and a bunch of people who can fly or move really fast took ages to get over there.

THe overall fight at the end was stupid in that, they had a shield and we know they have ships, why didn't they send ships to bomb them while massed outside the shield with ease. Why not open the shield and have War Machine drop his bombs in the same way.

THen when Thor arrives rather than target the two super villians and despite his ability to crush every bad guy around him in seconds somehow he focuses on the little guys, doesn't kill the two bigger bad guys right in front of him and instead ignored them entirely, then he went to kill drop ships as they try to escape rather than protecting Vision which should be his only goal. Every single little bad dude could have killed everyone in Wakanda, Vision and the last infinity stone were the only thing that mattered at all.

It's still a good film but a few too many things took the easy/stupid plot option to get around and just a tiny bit of change could have made the film near enough to a perfect super hero film.

Permabanned

Quill hitting Thanos during that moment completely befits his character.

His arc since the first GotG movie has been all about him wrestling with his own arrogance and self aggrandizing nature. His impulsive behaviour has been the downfall of the team on several occasions. Not only that, but everyone he'd ever loved or thought loved him had left him up until this point. Hell, he basically lost 2 Dads in the last movie! There's an argument to be made that any member of the team could have been killed by Thanos and it would have had the same effect on him, but he actually LOVED Gamora.

The rest of your points can be answered with "well, where would the movie be if it was all that easy...?". But being able to ignore plot holes and odd little narrative workarounds for the sake of the story is subjective I guess.

Soldato
Finally watched it...after enduring severe superhero fatigue in recent months forcing myself to watch all the supporting movies...I was hoping for a conclusion so we can get a break from the damn things.

Or is that meant to be 'it' ?

Soldato
True, but it would have been more enjoyable if there wasn't such a deluge of formulaic movies to slog through. All the Captain America movies blurred into one, in particular. Trying to remember which superhero powers trump which other superhero powers has gotten a little ridiculous too!

Caporegime
True, but it would have been more enjoyable if there wasn't such a deluge of formulaic movies to slog through. All the Captain America movies blurred into one, in particular. Trying to remember which superhero powers trump which other superhero powers has gotten a little ridiculous too!

Not sure why you're even bothering to watch them if you don't like them.

The Captain America films are nothing alike, the second is one of the most critically acclaimed of the Marvel films and the third is a huge roster mini Avengers film.

Also not sure why you were expecting a conclusion in the first part of a two part story.

Soldato
Each to their own. I thought Captain America movies were the weakest of the lot. GotG and Thor movies were much more entertaining.

As someone that isn't hugely invested in the MCU, it had never occurred to me that Infinity War was the first part of a two part series....it doesn't allude to that on any of the promo material I've seen?

Soldato
Finally watched it...after enduring severe superhero fatigue in recent months forcing myself to watch all the supporting movies...I was hoping for a conclusion so we can get a break from the damn things.

Or is that meant to be 'it' ?

That's what happens when you binge watch a load of movies in the same universe. You don't get a chance to absorb them and understand how they all link to each other, so it feels like one big blur of the same thing.

Caporegime
I purposely didn't watch all the movies again before Infinity War.

Because they aren't direct sequels to each other, as long as you've seen them at some point you are ok.

Soldato
Not saying I didn't enjoy Infinity War btw, it was a great popcorn movie...I was just sat down, all set to tie up however many years of MCU movies....then the credits rolled! Really hope there's not some lame time travel thing to resolve it.

Back
Top Bottom