Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - *** WARNING: SPOILERS ***

Soldato
Haven't watched hardly any of these films only the guardian of the galaxy. Can I get away with watching the 3 marvel assemble films or do I need to watch all of them?

Permabanned
Haven't watched hardly any of these films only the guardian of the galaxy. Can I get away with watching the 3 marvel assemble films or do I need to watch all of them?

You could probably get away with it as there stories are fairly well contained. You'd miss a hell of a lot of secondary information and references though. It's not necessary to have seen the stand alones but it really does help you appreciate a lot of the sub plots and mini character arcs that happen in these 3 movies.

Soldato

It's really quite amazing to think that if they wanted, they could film an entire 3 hour movie inside nothing but a green room with actors dressed in nothing but green suits and VFX the hell out of it to make it look like it was reality

It's equally sad realising that once great trades in the form of set design/costume design are gradually fading away in place of 3d graphic artists who's only limit to what they can create is their imagination

Caporegime
It's really quite amazing to think that if they wanted, they could film an entire 3 hour movie inside nothing but a green room with actors dressed in nothing but green suits and VFX the hell out of it to make it look like it was reality

They already did, its called Avatar :p

Most of the Star Wars prequels were basically just green screen as well, the movie 300 im near sure was also 99% green\blue screen.

Soldato
Noticed in the comments the mention about razor thin margins and the vfx artists getting a load of work piled on and they basically just laughed awkwardly at the question. Seems there is some truth to it going by that reaction, around 8:59 mark.

It's a bit sad given that none of these massively successful movies would even be possible without the hundreds of unsung VFX people working hard and putting ninety percent of the pixels on the screen.

Caporegime
But the costumes were real in those films

Avatar was close but it still had some set design and costume design

Avatar had very little in the way of set design, you can see vids of it and its literally a large square area with people with motion capture rigs on them.

4Vi1v97.jpg

They had some bits and pieces for some of the vehicles and foliage but beyond that, not much. They're still a way off from being able to do clothing en mass realistically, they can do something like the iron man suit, but to do clothing for characters it would take a ton more work. The amount of potential clipping and collision issues they would have to deal with would be a nightmare.

Associate
Watched this yesterday again after 1 viewing in cinema. Still very entertaining though the humor was mostly lost as I'd heard it before. I think the ending hit harder With Parker/Stark as I knew it was coming!

Caporegime
Watched this yesterday again after 1 viewing in cinema. Still very entertaining though the humor was mostly lost as I'd heard it before. I think the ending hit harder With Parker/Stark as I knew it was coming!

I was still really laughing at the Thor/Guardians/deep voice scene, even on the third time.

Back
Top Bottom