Azhar Ahmed

Caporegime
So, "Soldiers should DIE" is promoting hatred...

What about "I hate soldiers"?

Or perhaps "The Taliban should DIE"?

The quote I posted is one of inciting hatred and violence. Don't try to simplify this into a set of words that are acceptable and a set that aren't, you have to look at the message behind the words and make a judgement accordingly.

Soldato
Fine:

All soldiers should DIE & go to HELL! THE LOWLIFE **** SCUM! gotta problem go cry at your soldiers graves & wish him hell because that's where he is going...
This is promoting hatred by your standards.

I hate soldiers, I think they are scum and should go to hell. Go cry at your soldier's graves knowing that they are going to hell.
Is this also promoting hatred?

All taliban soldiers should DIE & go to HELL! THE LOWLIFE **** SCUM! gotta problem go cry at your taliban soldier's graves & wish him hell because that's where he is going...
What about this?

Caporegime
If someone from the EDL said:

"All Muslims should DIE & go to HELL! THE LOWLIFE **** SCUM! gotta problem go cry at your Muslim graves & wish they hell because that's where they are going... "

You'd agree that it was inciting hatred against Muslims?

Soldato
Where are we going to deport him to?

Why shouldn't we be allowed to criticise our armed forces?

I think we should criticise but i know this is just going to waste soo much money as usual, This wasnt meant to be a racist comment it was meant to be a comment saying get rid of him so we don't have to fork out loads of money as per usual.

You want him deported because he isn't white, coming across a bit racist.
Should we be dialing 999 and have you dealt with in the same manner ?

As above.

Soldato
If someone from the EDL said:

"All Muslims should DIE & go to HELL! THE LOWLIFE **** SCUM! gotta problem go cry at your Muslim graves & wish they hell because that's where they are going... "

You'd agree that it was inciting hatred against Muslims?

Possibly. However I've seen far worse abuse directed at bankers, but not one cared then. I cannot help but feel if he had written "dentists" instead of "soldiers" then nothing would have happened.

Caporegime
Possibly. However I've seen far worse abuse directed at bankers, but not one cared then. I cannot help but feel if he had written "dentists" instead of "soldiers" then nothing would have happened.

That's because the message behind that statement about dentists would be taken as a joke, a perfectly acceptable joke because dentists inflict pain on their patients as part of their treatment and because dentists aren't getting blown up by terrorist scum. I swear that common sense has been all but eradicated on these forums sometimes.

Soldato
I'm failing to understand where any of you see he has a point? He has no point due to his ridiculous rant: "ALL SOLDIERS SHOULD DIE AND GO TO HELL"

He doesn't make any point, it's just an anger fuelled rant. It's also an overreaction by the authorities, just as it would be if anyone wrote anything on the contrary i.e. "all Taliban should die, all blacks should die, all whites, all Pakistanis, etc etc"

Soldato
OP
Can't have bad words said against our armed forces........:rolleyes:

Why isn't blasphemy a racially aggravated public disorder offence?

Soldato
Free speech is free speech. I'm against these 'laws' that curtail it in any form. Sure, if he was walking down the street shouting something full of swear words and targeting individuals then perhaps a section 5 arrest is justified. However, he posted his feelings on an internet website to his friends and associates (and those who wanted to find it).

If you find what he said offensive, then fine, don't read it again. He finds the lack of remorse shown by British troops to the indiscriminate killing of Afghan's offensive and should be permitted to speak out about it. I accept that he phrased himself poorly, but in no way should that constitute him being arrested.

Exactly. Free speech is free speech. You may not like what is being said but if it's not illegal...

Soldato
So if a world war was to start and it was compulsory for every man over 18 to fight you'd just sit at home right? lol

If World War 3 started I'm sure the UK would fighting for the good of the world and I'd probably volunteer rather than be drafted.

However I'm not going to fight for something I don't believe in and if that means the Governmemt puts me in the clink then so be it. That's the price I pay for my belief. I'm am not the Governments pawn.

Soldato
That's because the message behind that statement about dentists would be taken as a joke, a perfectly acceptable joke because dentists inflict pain on their patients as part of their treatment and because dentists aren't getting blown up by terrorist scum. I swear that common sense has been all but eradicated on these forums sometimes.

You're right, clearly we are all lacking common sense. In an ideal world with common sense, we should all be arrested for saying something bad on Facebook.

One can dream...

Caporegime
You're right, clearly we are all lacking common sense. In an ideal world with common sense, we should all be arrested for saying something bad on Facebook.

One can dream...

He'd have been arrested for saying it in the street, why should the fact he said it on facebook make a difference? Don't pretend that facebook is insignificant.

Back
Top Bottom