Back to Biking after 17 yrs

Soldato
I rode a CB1000R all year round for 4 years and had no issues with no TC and I ride quite aggressive with the power at times. (It did have ABS though)

I loved the bike. It made it hard to choose what to move on to as the torque was such great fun.

It's very nimble and agile. but obviously it's not great for high speeds on motorways, so bare that in mind.

As my insurance jumped so much when I moved to the KTM, I asked why and got told the CB was only group 3 (or maybe 4) so shouldn't be too expensive. I came down under £300... in London.

Soldato
OP
Well that was fun, a few slippy moments to get the heart racing.

Only rode the XSR and CB again due to the weather being crap.

Really enjoyed the CB again - just puts a smile on my face.

I know I should test more bikes to be certain - but I think I'll be opting for the CB1000R

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Going with what makes me smile and time will tell if it's is a good call.

Was going to go with a new one, but rode this one yesterday - :D

q80iVulh.jpg.png

Price seems about right.

66 Plate - 1700 miles - £8600

£505 FC with Carol Nash.

Preparation for where the 12x12 Hanson concrete shed is almost done.

Outbuildings demolished and cleared away, just needs a good clean and fence panel replaced.

hNQULgYh.jpg.png

iBOuqH6h.jpg.png

Shed arrives Wednesday, once sighted I can figure out getting power to it and getting a ground anchor fitted.

Soldato
Wow, CB1000R prices have gone up, haven't they! I guess it's really almost new at that age and mileage.

In 2012, I bought an ex demo, 5k miles, 1 year old for £6,500. Of course I then spent £1,500 putting extras on it :)

Nice that you already have a short exhaust, showing the single sided swing arm. Interesting colour scheme too, not seen that before. Nice.

Soldato
OP
Extra's already fitted as follows -

Carbon Hugger and chain guard
ASV shortie levers
Tail tidy
Smoked indicator lenses.
Mirrors - which are the only things I may have to change.
Mivv exhaust.

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought he was listing everything it already had? Surely that's a Mivv exhaust too, no? Definitely not stock anyway.

Mirrors look stock, just on extneders (which needed myself). Also has R&G Crash bungs too :)

If it was me, all I would add is a black belly pan.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Aren't they really outdated? They haven't been refreshed in a long time, or am I'm mixing it up with a different bike? For around similar money you can get a year older S1000R or Tuono V4.

You know you could just let him get the bike he wants as opposed to trying to talk him into getting the bike you want him to get, just a thought. :)

Soldato
Might wanna check the thread title...

A 160/175bhp bike isn't ideal for someone who's not ridden for 17 years...

And you'd be looking at a 2-3 year old one of them, minimum, not a practically new bike.

Soldato
OP
Aren't they really outdated? They haven't been refreshed in a long time, or am I'm mixing it up with a different bike? For around similar money you can get a year older S1000R or Tuono V4.

Dated maybe but they still look/ride good to me.

Totally agree with you on other bike options,
but I haven't got the skills for those sort of power bikes.

I'm probably pushing it by getting a CB1 :).

Maybe when I have a few incident free riding years under my belt.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
You know you could just let him get the bike he wants as opposed to trying to talk him into getting the bike you want him to get, just a thought. :)
He's an adult and its his money, he doesn't need my permission... lol
Might wanna check the thread title...

A 160/175bhp bike isn't ideal for someone who's not ridden for 17 years...

And you'd be looking at a 2-3 year old one of them, minimum, not a practically new bike.
Ups forgot, I guess its better to browse through 1 thread at a time. :p Yeah, don't get a Tuono, it won't end well.

Dated maybe but they still look/ride good to me.

Totally agree with you on other bike options,
but I haven't got the skills for those sort of power bikes.

I'm probably pushing it by getting a CB1 :).

Maybe when I have a few incident free riding years under my belt.
i wouldn't spend so much on a CB1000R, i would rather get a slightly older model for less. 8,6k for such an outdated bike seems a bit too much. :( That's just me, if you like it and you want it just get it. Especially, if you're going to keep it... the newer the better.

Soldato
OP
Cheers and I will:)

So after having to postpone everything due to a issue with the shed base, new one now laid.

blkbBmuh.jpg.png

Shed being delivered/built tomorrow, bike collection 1st thing in the morning. :D

Quite nervous about getting the bike.:o

Back
Top Bottom