Back to Biking after 17 yrs

Soldato
OP
So my bike is fairly secure when at home.

Obviously when out and about I only use the steering lock and immobilizer - HISS.

Is this enough or am I pushing my luck?

Soldato
Depends on where you are parking it to be honest? My CBR steering lock hasnt worked since I've owned it. I carry a disk lock around with me and use it when it's parked up at work or in town. Just stopping off at the super market though I dont bother

Caporegime
If they really want it, there's not a lot you can do, you just try your best to make them think it's not worth the hassle I guess.

The best tip I ever heard regarding bike security is to park close to a more desired bike if possible and make yours harder to steal than that one.

Soldato
OP
More miles under my belt, thoroughly enjoy every minute of it -- so glad for the heated grips today :D

Another 3hr assessment ride booked for next Saturday to see how I'm doing.

Is it wrong to be looking at other bikes already?

Soldato
OP
Other bikes to go with that one or exchanging that for something else?

The wife wants to come out with me, as the CB1 isn't really suitable I've been looking.

Not sure which way to go really, or even if I should be considering carrying a pillion so soon after returning to riding.

Soldato
OP
Did another 3hr back to biking yesterday, they seemed to be more than happy -- reigns off now.:)

The was one incident were someone tried to force their car among us - when there wasn't room.

Funny as ...., as the instructor is 6-4 around 20st - didn't half rip into the driver.:D

Back
Top Bottom