Back to Biking after 17 yrs

IC3

IC3

Soldato
You were right, hardly slept.

Felt like a kid trying to sleep on Christmas eve.:D
I remember before my Mod2 I slept 1-2 hours, felt tired and excited. Spent all day on a bike, got it insured and taxed... came back home at 2am or something like that. :p Felt asleep on my bed wearing all my gear haha

Soldato
Looks nice that mate. Nice getting a new bike, like you said can't sleep the night before :p

I don't live far away from you if you live in Wigan (I'm in Widnes), so can go out for a ride sometime if you fancy it.

Soldato
OP

Will do and thanks :)

Looks nice that mate. Nice getting a new bike, like you said can't sleep the night before :p

I don't live far away from you if you live in Wigan (I'm in Widnes), so can go out for a ride sometime if you fancy it.

That would be good as long as you don't mind going slow and steady.:)

Was very nervous for the 1st hr or so but confidence started to return towards the end.

Put the wrong jacket on for the weather ( almost froze) but hey - I'm riding again.:D

Anyway bike put to bed for the night :(

RElyPcTh.jpg.png

Damn that's a nice garage :)

Room for at least 3 bikes in there ;) :D

Cheers and there's an idea ;)

Unfortunately the wife saw your post and I'm getting some funny looks.:D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
More miles under my belt, really wish I hadn't waited so long before getting a bike again.

Took the bike down some nice twisty roads around Parbold.

Really need to reign myself in, was at times getting carried away :D

Took it on the Motorway to see what was a comfy cruising speed - 70/75 looks to be it.

Anything over felt too much, so all in all not a bad morning.

Lunch and then back out again - not a bad life. :)

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Ide have to get a screen, belly pan & fender extenda for that, screen to take the pressure of your neck & belly pan + fender extenda for the times when you get caught in a summer shower, so it'll keep most of the muck of your motor.

Soldato
A screen won't do much tbh, it'll just move the air higher so instead of a even pressure on your chest and helmet it'll all be on your helmet.

You get used to the wind after a while on a naked bike, I remember thinking my head was going to come off at 70mph, now cruising at 80-85mph is easy. It's only once you starting sitting at close to/over three figures that the wind becomes a battle.

Allegedly... :p:D

Soldato
A screen won't do much tbh, it'll just move the air higher so instead of a even pressure on your chest and helmet it'll all be on your helmet.

You get used to the wind after a while on a naked bike, I remember thinking my head was going to come off at 70mph, now cruising at 80-85mph is easy. It's only once you starting sitting at close to/over three figures that the wind becomes a battle.

Allegedly... :p:D
I can vouch for this! 70mph is fine, anything over 85mph on the motorway you have a battle on your hands... well head!

Back
Top Bottom