Back4Blood

Soldato
My Fisher Price PC wouldn't run it at all :(

Son has played L4D with me and he is loving B4Blood, especially the deck system. Loads of L4D perk mods, well this does it officially. I prefer my L4D as it's a simple blast, B4Blood is more team work needed and COD type perks. He's been playing since 6pm and just finished the map at 1130pm due to needing a decent team to work with.

Associate
Finished it with randoms, fun and a decent challenge had good team mates. We wiped once on the last level but no one quit so we ended up completing it.
Needs some optimization as framerate tanks when lots of bodies are piled up and animations are a bit stiff but plays well for an Alpha.
Will buy if they get rid of the microtransactions.

Associate
OP
Steam page is up. Details on the editions here. Not liking the sound of that, tbh.
Looks like there locking maps behind a paywall and the price is pretty steep so am not sure this will go down well.

Yea I wasn't massively impressed when I saw that. I suppose it depends on how much content you get for your money. As an example, Vermintide 2 has maps in their DLCs which you can't choose to play, however if someone in your lobby has it you can play it even if the host doesn't have that DLC. I also think that if you Quickplay - Vermintide 2 version of random - you can get dumped into a DLC map. Which I think is a good compromise. But V2 was also much cheaper IIRC at launch.

Soldato
Yea I wasn't massively impressed when I saw that. I suppose it depends on how much content you get for your money. As an example, Vermintide 2 has maps in their DLCs which you can't choose to play, however if someone in your lobby has it you can play it even if the host doesn't have that DLC. I also think that if you Quickplay - Vermintide 2 version of random - you can get dumped into a DLC map. Which I think is a good compromise. But V2 was also much cheaper IIRC at launch.
Yeah, that's fair. There's a video on reddit of one of the devs being interviewed in a live stream of the game, and he says someone jumped the gun with the pricing announcement. He also said that they know they messed up with Evolve and finished with something like "we have a particular plan for the way extra content is handled that we think will work with all players". We shall see!

Associate
OP
Yeah, that's fair. There's a video on reddit of one of the devs being interviewed in a live stream of the game, and he says someone jumped the gun with the pricing announcement. He also said that they know they messed up with Evolve and finished with something like "we have a particular plan for the way extra content is handled that we think will work with all players". We shall see!
Fingers crossed then. I do think £50 is a bit much, but like I said, I don't know what is in the game.

What's in the Alpha? PvE, PvP, both? And does anyone know what the PvP is? 4v4, 4v1 etc?

Associate
Fingers crossed then. I do think £50 is a bit much, but like I said, I don't know what is in the game.

What's in the Alpha? PvE, PvP, both? And does anyone know what the PvP is? 4v4, 4v1 etc?

From the looks of what I have played, the Alpha only has 1 Act in PvE.

With WB being the publishers, I'm not holding out much hope on this game not having many microtransactions later on down the line. The card system just screams bait for micros, 'Unlock this card for 3 days with 300 gems'. Maybe I am just being pessimistic.

Man of Honour

Vermintide 2's system of only needing 1 person in the group to have the DLCs and everyone can then play on the DLC map is brilliant. More companies should do that, the concept of 4 players all needing to own the DLC for a game is an outdated and money grabbing model imo.

Associate
OP
Vermintide 2's system of only needing 1 person in the group to have the DLCs and everyone can then play on the DLC map is brilliant. More companies should do that, the concept of 4 players all needing to own the DLC for a game is an outdated and money grabbing model imo.
Indeed! In the end I bought all the DLCs, even though I didn't really need to, just for the weapons, but up to that point I could still play with my mates who had bought it. Unlike the lovely experience of trying to play BF3 with a friend where I had premium and they had a couple of the DLCs - think we gave up trying to get into a server we liked the sound of after 30 mins.

Soldato
Not got a key but game looks good from what I've seen. Though dlc containing special infected has alarm bells ringing for me, especially if there is a vs mode. Imagine playing l4d and the enemy has access to Chargers but you don't because you don't have to dlc....

Back
Top Bottom