Back4Blood

Soldato
I find it hard to work out whether should clear the current hoard or rush past.

it really depends how far the safe door is, what type of ridden there are.

if you have a hoard your better to clear it than running past due to things like snitches and birds. And also if you get to much acid on you this can set off another hoard. If it's a hoard timer then it's abit more difficult.

Soldato
it really depends how far the safe door is, what type of ridden there are.

if you have a hoard your better to clear it than running past due to things like snitches and birds. And also if you get to much acid on you this can set off another hoard. If it's a hoard timer then it's abit more difficult.

The mission in Act1 for the bridge I found a pain on this front. In the Beta, the starting spot around where you blow the wall you could clear and they would stop spawning. In the main release, they just keep coming for ever (we tried for over an hour to clear)

Associate
The mission in Act1 for the bridge I found a pain on this front. In the Beta, the starting spot around where you blow the wall you could clear and they would stop spawning. In the main release, they just keep coming for ever (we tried for over an hour to clear)

Even in the beta I had an infinite horde at this place, so ever since then I have just booked it across to the boat. Maybe it is a corruption card?

Soldato
Even in the beta I had an infinite horde at this place, so ever since then I have just booked it across to the boat. Maybe it is a corruption card?
I'm sure that's what you're meant to do, run and avoid. The horde just keeps coming until you set off the explosives.

Iirc it tells you to run

Soldato
Been enjoying this with some friends from a other game, finished vet and working on nightmare now.

But sometimes it crashes my PC on launching with the gobi error, anyone else suffer the same problem?

Soldato
Looking for builds for nightmare :)

Here's my curent tank / melee.

image.png

Still effective after the patch, but not as ridiculously OP. Will still down a hag before she can run away, and somewhat stun tallboys with a hatchet / axe.

Trying to find ways to deal with bruisers / crushers. I tend to try to bait their heavy attack, but not super effective.

So :
  1. Not sure on what's an effective DPS (Assault / LMG, I guess shotties too to spread the ammo).
  2. I can do snipers. Wish the Ranch Rifle used sniper ammo though, but the M1 will do.
  3. Was looking at no-ADS builds, to max other atributes. Hmm not great so far.
  4. As for a medic build, I'm still working on it.

Associate
Bought this yesterday for £38 and played with a couple of mates. Great game. I love L4D and this is the same, just a bit more complex and modern.
Good stuff.

I bought it as well yesterday.

Enjoying it so far on easy difficulty, although I don't really understand the cards or many of the mechanics yet.

Associate
I had another go this morning but I was a bit frustrated by the other players on the team.

I'm still on the early levels, we went over a bridge and through a boat.
One player picked up explosives and the game instruction was to defend explosives.

We just sat around the ramp and humvee until we all died.

I guess the explosives are to sink the boat?

Frustrating when you're team don't know what to do and you can't advance without there help.

Maybe I should turn off crossplay?

I don't really want to increase the difficulty until I know what I'm doing myself.

Soldato
Anyone know what day the new patch is coming to allow Campaign offline mode so you can play with bots ? Meant to be Dec 2021 but not been able to find out when.

edit: found my answer

A reminder that our December 2021 Update goes live on Thursday, December 16th at 10am – Pacific Time

Last edited:
Associate
Just finished this on Veteran actually did the last boss solo, hah. Really enjoying it. My favourite builds are Jim as sniper/rifle build with mega weakspot damage and a melee build.

Anyone else still playing? my Nic is Grov#5664

Associate
Anyone else having performance issues since the update? Used to be a solid 75fps now I’m getting random drops between 34 and 40 fps then shoots back up to 75

Soldato
Proper tumbleweed thread. I'm surprised that this game didn't pick up in numbers. The Beta didn't go well I know, but the updates since have just made it great IMO.

I was a big L4D fan and I'm loving it. The card function is brilliant, requires teamwork and some obstacles require tactics. It's the thinking man's L4D.

Hopefully new content coming will bring the numbers back.

Anyone else having performance issues since the update? Used to be a solid 75fps now I’m getting random drops between 34 and 40 fps then shoots back up to 75

Nope, all good here.

Worth running task manager and MSI afterburner in the background and take a look when the performance tanks, see if you notice any patterns.

Associate
Proper tumbleweed thread. I'm surprised that this game didn't pick up in numbers. The Beta didn't go well I know, but the updates since have just made it great IMO.

crowbcat's video did an absolute number on B4B. The month that his/their video released, L4D2 enjoyed a player bump of +4.5k players - about 3/4 of what B4B's entire player count* was at the time (*according to Steam Charts, take with a grain of salt). Meanwhile B4B continues to hemorrhage players month after month. I'd be surprised if this game is still alive this time next year.

Back
Top Bottom