• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Bad News if you ordered the Rog Strix 3080 OC

Associate
Hey guys

Just a heads up for anyone thats ordered the Asus Rog Strix 3080 OC cards

After waiting patiently in the call queue I finally got through to someone to ask about an queue update and was told that all queue information will be sent via email when they have received specific cards with your updated queue position

I said that I was over 650 in the queue for my card and what exactly was the position in Overclockers sending these cards out

Currently, OverClockers have received ZERO STOCK of these and are not expecting any until the end of October/Beginning of November at the earliest

He pointed out (he was honest at every point with every question) That this was due to nVidia and that the high end cards spent longer being stress tested and were subsequently delayed longer than the other cards

He said I should realistically get my order at "Some Point" in the New Year, so I will I think have been waiting for 4 months after paying before I receive my order, minimum :(

Good luck to us all :)
If this is true overclockers ought to be decent enough to be honest and say this to people - it isn’t really fair taking money for stock they won’t have for four months. if this is the case - it reflects very badly on them to my mind

ne0

ne0

Associate
I have one of these ordered but if it's not going to get to my until 2021 then I'm starting to think what's the point?

There are 20gb variants coming out in December according to some sites? Is that true???

Associate
I have one of these ordered but if it's not going to get to my until 2021 then I'm starting to think what's the point?

There are 20gb variants coming out in December according to some sites? Is that true???
Bringing more products will only make it worse, how can you make different product on the same production line where you have backlog of older one.

Soldato
Bringing more products will only make it worse, how can you make different product on the same production line where you have backlog of older one.

It won't make a difference. If it's coming in December they're already fully under way and shipping to third parties for custom PCBs and the like. If anything it'll help people waiting for the 10GB's as a bunch of people will cancel their orders.

fx1

fx1

Associate
Clearly nobody is asking themselves about the GDDR6 or GDDR6X. Nobody knows if these models will have slower non X memory. There are supply problems with the X so its possible the newer models to keep cost down go for slower vram

Associate

Yes there will be 20gb variants and they are coming - a date hasn’t been announced but it’s 100%

Associate
Feel sorry for the people who sold up the old cards for pennies now they having to buy again so they can use the pc and now prices are goin back up

Yes funny that...

It's almost like it would be bad for Nvidia and retailers if they made all 20xx stock near worthless by releasing a massively superior product at half the price of 2080ti, in volume for everyone, before the consoles who presumably they think they're competing with even come out?

Associate
Well some cards our on the way now , happy we have finally had some information, I guess they do t want to say anything until they know for sure. Can look at it a bunch of different ways I guess. Still all the best for whoever is in the first 50 cards who know how many will arrive I'm guessing between 10-30 cards in total

Associate
Well it's been a month and I'm still waiting for my EVGA card and after 3 deliveries they still have only received 50 cards with a queue of over a 1k at somewhere else, I'm afraid I'm cancelling. Sorry guys no money out of me this time.

Soldato
As always the early adopters get screwed

Sorry, no sympathy from me.

Reports of 16GB & 20GB cards were there before pre-orders went live, so you had a choice, be patient & wait for confirmation (or not) and then decide what to get.

Of course the key word there is 'patient'

....and being 'patient' is a quality that very few people seem to have these days.

Of course the fact there are no cards to actually sell, is forcing patience upon people, which seems to be the source of so much stress and anguish over the 1st world problem of not getting their toys on time :p

Associate
Well I've cancelled mine now, was getting told it was going to be the end of november before all evga cards were "hopefully" supplied.. what a joke of a launch.

Associate
Had an email last week, I'm 830 in the queue. Seriously? Why on earth don't they make this clear when people are preordering? By the looks of it, i'll be waiting till feb/march based on what people are saying. Sod that. I'll be cancelling now.

Associate
If I had an email saying that I'd cancel right away 800 in the queue waste of time, should never have got that big. I'm 13th in the queue I'm suprised I didn't get a dispatch email saying one was sent out the first 2 orders of these cards have come in and didn't even total 13 cards. Did they go in to pre build pcs I hope not should be in a queue like everyone else .

Card has been shipped

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom