Poll: Bahrain Grand Prix 2018, Sakhir - Race 2/21

Rate the 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
I will give it a 5/10 when the poll goes up. The race had it's moments but was nothing special. Gasly thoroughly deserved driver of the day for getting that car 4th across the line. That Honda had some grunt down the straights and is so much better than it was in the McLaren. Much more of this and Alonso is going to have a meltdown.

Verstappen needs to grow up and start accepting responsibility for his own actions.

Bottas does not deserve that seat, plain and simple. The thing is who are they going to put in it for next year? Danny Ric would have been a good choice but I reckon he will be off to Ferrari.

What has happened to Williams? They are not even a shadow of the great team that they used to be.

Danny Ric at Ferrari will upset the balance at Ferrari; the same pairing with Hamilton. Hamilton has said that he will race anyone and I don't doubt he would. However, Ric at Mercedes is a gamble. On paper a Ham/Ric pairing could be awesome, although likely to turn sour within a race or three; team harmony/points goes out of the window. Rosberg was and is quick and got under Ham's skin. Rosberg is an intelligent and quick driver, only tarnished by resorting to dirty tactics. To be fair, Ham did rough Rosberg up a couple of times and created a monster (USA GP 2015)

Hamilton proved last year with harmony restored, gets the job done; the same with Seb.

Why would Ferrari/Mercedes rock the apple cart?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I give it an 8/10, which is a bit generous probably because I was expecting so little from this race, but it was enjoyable throughout. The final result was unclear and down to individual driver skill in the end. There were some skill overtakes and not just DRS guff and interesting tactical battles.

It's a shame Max, Riccardo, and Kimi were taken out of the action, and - of course - never nice to see someone injured.

Soldato
I don't understand the praise for Hamilton's triple overtake. All the cars ahead were tripping over each other coming out the last corner much slower and even without DRS the Mercedes was 4 tenths quicker down the straight than the Ferrari... and this move was against 2 Renaults with DRS and a Mercedes without. It was opportunistic, but like Alonso's often-lauded move on Schumacher at 130R it wasn't a great overtake.

Associate
Because he's already outclassed Vettel. Why settle for a worse driver?

Vettel mentioned that he is open to the idea. Vettel has for the last couple of years, ingratiated himself to building Ferrari around him; so has confidence to renew an old score.

In reality I doubt it will happen. Ferrari has for as many years; a one driver policy. If Ric joined the fray, could throw a spanner in the works.

I would love to see Ham finish his career at Ferrari but it will never happen as long as Vettel is there.

Man of Honour
I can't stand Vettel, but he drove a great race to finish on those tyres and win. Although, Hamilton behind him instead of Bottas and he's easily overtaken, but Bottas really is dire.

Soldato
Thought it was a decent race, went down to the last lap. Shame about the pit lane incident though.

One thing I can say though I am really please they have put some effort into the on screen information in the race, it is much better than previous years. The new music is alright also.

Man of Honour
Ferrari received a $50'000 fine for Raikkonens unsafe release.

Sadly, to Ferrari that's pretty much nothing but a little slap on the wrist.

Caporegime
Great race.
I didn't think bottas would get it.. And he didn't.
You know Hamilton would have.

Got to be a big kick in the teeth for bottas this one. This was the perfect opportunity to make some ground in his doubters. Its going to eat away at him more now.

Vettel drove a good race, even though I don't like him.

Driver of the weekend.. Gasley
Impressive by Honda. Its nice to see Honda coming good.
Did McLaren make the wrong choice? Time will tell.
Alonso since leaving Renault, has always made the wrong decision (in hindsight) about moving teams etc. Its almost funny.

As for my team Renault.. Good by hulkenburg. Solid as ever. Dunno what happened to sainz!

Good race overall but disappointing is an understatement for bottas

Soldato
Impressive by Honda. Its nice to see Honda coming good.
Did McLaren make the wrong choice? Time will tell.

McLaren are so far doing way better than last year. Two races, 5th and 7th place, points.

So either the new engine is actually better, or, they just happened to improve the car around whatever engine is in there.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Heh, just reading the transcript of the press conference post-race. Seb putting one of the hacks in their place - emphasis is my own:

Q: (Louis Dekker - NOS) Lewis, I believe, if my ears are correct, you used the word 'd******d' after the race concerning Max Verstappen and the overtake and the contact. Is that correct? And more importantly, is there an opinion you have on the contact you had with Max in the beginning stages of the race? Who was wrong, or was it just a racing incident?

SV:
Can I answer that question?

Yes.

SV:
I think it's not fair... I mean, I don't know what Lewis did. We've all been in that situation, we fight someone, we go sometimes wheel-to-wheel, it's close and you have a lot of adrenalin going, do you think comparing to football, if you have a microphone on a football player's mouth, that everything he says is something nice and is a nice message when the guy tackles him and maybe sometimes he fouls him or not. So I don't think it's justified to give us these kind of **** questions and making up a story out of nothing, if we are just racing and we are full of adrenalin and sometime we say these things. I mean if I hit you in your face, you're not going to say "oh, Sebastian, that wasn't nice". It's a human reaction. Sometimes I feel it's all a bit blown up and artificial if we have these questions, trying to make a story out of nothing. So, it's not personal, don't take it personal. So I think we should cut it right there, so now if Lewis can answer.

The only thing that would have made it better is if he'd got up, dropped a microphone and walked out right after that. Dekker is of course Dutch and therefore one of Verstappen's countrymen, which is presumably why he was attempting to get a rise out of Lewis.

Back
Top Bottom