Bakers refuse Gay wedding cake - update: Supreme Court rules in favour of Bakers

I guess the problem them is that I've always accepted that homosexuality is a normal thing, so find it hard to comprehend that perspective. The rights of gay people should obviously unequivocally match anyone elses.

I don't agree with their viewpoint on Same Sex Marriage, but I do agree they have the right not to be forced by law to associate or support a campaign to change the law to allow Same Sex marriage if they do not want to.

So people should have the right to disapprove?

Yes, they have the right to disapprove. You belittled the subject by calling it a "lifestyle choice," which anyone with half a brain can see that it is not.

What you are saying is the same as saying to someone, you've made a lifestyle choice to be female.

The right that you have to disapprove, though, should never extend to discrimination.

I don't agree with their viewpoint on Same Sex Marriage, but I do agree they have the right not to be forced by law to associate or support a campaign to change the law to allow Same Sex marriage if they do not want to.

Yeah I do agree with you, but again, would you get away with this if it weren't a political issue?

You referred to the support of the change in law. As far as I'm concerned, the change in law is ridiculous. I know that the law is still trying to catch up with consensus, but it's all pointless (IMO) because gay people should never have had diminished rights in the first place.

Are you talking about lifestyle choice as in the choice to put a picture on a cake??

No I am not, your strawman argument fell at the first hurdle.

Or to put it another way:

You like willy
Person A doesn't like you because you like willy
Person B doesn't like person A because person A doesn't like people who like willy

Is person A the bigot or is person B or both?

You like willy
Person B doesn't like person A because person A doesn't like people who like willy

Well considering sexuality is on a par with race and gender, person a is a moron, and person b is the good guy.

I don't know what you don't comprehend about gay people. None of them beer made a choice to be gay, so why are you trying to claim that they do?

Well considering sexuality is on a par with race and gender, person a is a moron, and person b is the good guy.

I don't know what you don't comprehend about gay people. None of them beer made a choice to be gay, so why are you trying to claim that they do?

I'm the guessing the answer is if he can suppress his carnal desires to have sex with other men then why can't other people :p

You like willy

You are black
Person A doesn't like you because you are black
Person B doesn't like person A because person A doesn't like people who are black

Riiiight...

So, why is homosexuality a lifestyle choice?

I don't think he is saying inherent homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, but that the activism and lifestyle choices that some homosexuals chose can be...for example, I have several homosexual friends and colleagues, most live and work just like you and I..a couple however are rather shall we say, aggressive, in the way they express their sexuality and this is a lifestyle choice...also I know a few people who are pretty ambivalent about their sexuality and have chosen to follow one lifestyle or the other.

It isn't black and white and while being a homosexual in action is generally inherent, the way in which they can express their sexuality can manifest in a lifestyle choice(s).

Back
Top Bottom