Bakers refuse Gay wedding cake - update: Supreme Court rules in favour of Bakers

I think to some extent, yeah you're probably right, but I only said that you could control some aspects of it. No where did I explicitly say that you could control your sexuality, and I know that you cannot. Stop trying to twist my words when you know exactly what I'm taking about.

The baker should be able to do what they please.

This whole gay thing is getting stupid.

Yeah, being denied basic human rights/decency and not wanting to be stabbed or beat up purely because they are attracted to the same sex is totally stupid, those gays should just shut up and be grateful we allow them to exist...right?

I suppose the whole black thing was getting stupid in the 50s as well.

some might think adding a political message to an event cake is not a basic human right, lets say all those dying in the world of starvation or oppression or those in war zones.
Grab some perspective from that ivory tower.

Mart's post referred to more than a message on a cake.

Yeah, being denied basic human rights/decency and not wanting to be stabbed or beat up purely because they are attracted to the same sex is totally stupid, those gays should just shut up and be grateful we allow them to exist...right?

I suppose the whole black thing was getting stupid in the 50s as well.

Mart's post referred to more than a message on a cake.

None of which is anything to do with the OP, which is a baker refusing to provide a cake containing a political message they did not agree with for a political event.

Not a wedding, not discriminating against a person, not opressing the homosexual minority, refusing to produce a cake with a political message.
If he wants to expand into black and gay oppression maybe he wishes to start a thread in speakers corner?

None of which is anything to do with the OP, which is a baker refusing to provide a cake containing a political message they did not agree with for a political event.

Not a wedding, not discriminating against a person, not opressing the homosexual minority, refusing to produce a cake with a political message.
If he wants to expand into black and gay oppression maybe he wishes to start a thread in speakers corner?

As quite often happens the discussion has expanded beyond what was in the OP.

Last edited:
As quite often happens the discussion has expanded beyond what was in the OP.

Well given the incorrect title and the various suggestions that have been consistenty made, the thread derailed through misunderstanding very early on.

-edit, as you say, typical for gd

But hardly a basic human rights matter, as was being suggested

some might think adding a political message to an event cake is not a basic human right, lets say all those dying in the world of starvation or oppression or those in war zones.
Grab some perspective from that ivory tower.

I'm not talking about a message on a freaking cake, I am talking about the numerous beatings, acid/ammonia/bleach attacks, stabbings, murders of gay people purely because of what they are.

"The gays" wouldn't need a "political" message if they were treated the same as everybody else.

We can all go strawman and say why do they even refuse to put a political message on a cake when there are wars, people dying, people not getting food or water, etc..

There are always worse things happening in the world, doesn't mean we can't discuss "lesser" topics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom