Bambu X1

Don
I've been reading a lot about this machine and it looks utterly amazing. It's a kickstarter at the moment but they have sent out a large number of review units already.
All of the senior management team are ex-DJI.

Key features are:

Multi material
Lidar scanning of the bed to do things such as automatic pressure advance calculation, first layer check etc.
Extremely fast (500mm/sec and 20mm/sec^-2)
Heated chamber

I've backed it and I'll let you know what it's like once (if) it turns up.

Associate
It does look good from the "adverts" I've seen but Kickstarter is a big no no from me. To me KS is for start ups or development of an idea, not used as an advertisement platform like this.

But I agree it is a big step forward, especially for multi material printing.

Some of there marketing is off though, it doesn't have LiDAR from what I've read. Also I don't think it's a heated chamber at least not actively heated. But my biggest issue is the proprietary hardware and software especially when they have used open source hardware/software in the development.

Looking forward to see it in, real customers hands.

Soldato
It does look good.

I'm new to 3D printing, bought an Ender 3 S1 2 weeks ago, and if this one turns out to be as good as it looks I may be tempted to buy one when they are properly available and some real world reviews/opinions.

Associate
Printer looks really good from the reviews. A video I saw yesterday it literally cut the time in half and quality didn’t suffer. I think they’ve innovated a lot with the software/firmware on the actual printer.

Although personally with all of that I wouldn’t get it off Kickstarter.

Soldato
Darn. After looking at prints from the X1, and getting the V400.. I'm wishing I had gone with the X1. The X1 is definitely performing some magic.

ALSO, the X1 has it's own slicer. The seams are exceptionally well hidden on models by this slicer.

Last edited:
Associate
Darn. After looking at prints from the X1, and getting the V400.. I'm wishing I had gone with the X1. The X1 is definitely performing some magic.

ALSO, the X1 has it's own slicer. The seams are exceptionally well hidden on models by this slicer.
They are using a fork of PrusaSlicer actually and they haven't actually released the source as required by the license.

Soldato
The more I look at the Bambu, the greater it is. It is like just adding more power the problem though. Saying screw it.. lets just add more stuff to the hot end to compensate for the issues. So not minimizing vibration, just compensating for it. literally measuring flow etc to get proper lines etc.

Smart as hell.

Good news, other printers can do some of these, just not automatically.

Soldato
Still waiting for my FLSUN V400, but still keeping an eye of the Bambu. Multi-color would be interesting for sure so keeping an eye on it. I do love all the automated tech on it for sure.

$700 (pre-sale cost) was a fair amount to pay for a printer for my paintball parts, so I will have to up my game and become more proactive if I want to justify something as nice as a Bambu X1. I would have to weigh that large cost against SLS printing as well.

Back
Top Bottom