Bambu X1

Soldato
I'm going to put down the £20 deposit when I get home tonight. Though I want a Voron 2.4 I've been watching a fair few videos of the X1 Carbon and I doubt I'd do a lot of multi coloured prints but if I do them I have found the slicers stock purge settings to be far too conservative. In my head I now want the X1 Carbon, a Voron 2.4 and the Prusa XL. Fortunately I don't have the space for all 3 so that won't happen and My bank balance is very happy about that.

The only dilemma I will now have is which of the two, X1 Carbon/Voron 2.4 LDO Kit, will become available first and what will I do when the first email arrives in my inbox.

Don
OP
Tough one. I still use my large CoreXY even though I have the X1. The X1 still has a relatively limiting build volume compared to a Voron 2.4 or Ratrig V-Core for example.
I'm still using my Toolchanger too because it wastes almost no filament when changing materials.

However, having printed a bunch of stuff on the X1 over the last week it's now my go-to machine. It's just so damned fast and reliable. Send the job, wait a while, get the thing. Quality is excellent too.

One thing I will say though is get the high-temp plate. The cool-plate is fine but you have to use glue stick on it or the prints adhere to it too well. I switched to the high-temp plate and haven't had to use stick at all. I've printed PLA, ASA, and ABS on it so far with no issues whatsoever and no tweaking of the default Bambu Studio profiles. Just slice and go.

Soldato
I don't like using sprays with printers. It gets everywhere, like in the fans and working parts. My personal favorite adhesive is Vison Miner Nano Adhesive. Phenomenal stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
The people I've seen using the spray glue were removing the build plate and spraying it outside of the printer.

When I do get X1 I'll use that to finish off the printable parts for the Voron 2.4 and then decide, at some point next year, if I can justify having 2 £1500 printers.

Don
OP
I'm considering replacing my large CoreXY (which is a ******* child of a BLV Cube and a Ratrig V-Core) with a Voron. It's a pity the Voron uses MGN9 rails rather than 12s because the ones in my CoreXY are well pricy Hiwin items.

Soldato
Paid up. Shaking a little after having spent almost £1500 on a printer but that could be caused by the flu jab I had an hour ago.

Who delivers it? I hope they put my Company name on the address label as I had something delivered yesterday that just had my name and the work address, no mention of the company. Fortunately the postie knows me nad we are the only business on that road though the postcode covers the industrial estate behind us.

Last edited:
Soldato
Paid up. Shaking a little after having spent almost £1500 on a printer but that could be caused by the flu jab I had an hour ago.

Who delivers it? I hope they put my Company name on the address label as I had something delivered yesterday that just had my name and the work address, no mention of the company. Fortunately the postie knows me nad we are the only business on that road though the postcode covers the industrial estate behind us.

For all the features it has, it is a good price. I paid 700 pre -sale for my V400 and thats 900+ now. It is a little nerve wracking. Glad I already paid my v400 off with profits from printing.

If I get to build enough of a amount of money set aside i will reinvest and get the X1 unless they come out with a bigger one.

Soldato
For all the features it has, it is a good price. I paid 700 pre -sale for my V400 and thats 900+ now. It is a little nerve wracking. Glad I already paid my v400 off with profits from printing.

If I get to build enough of a amount of money set aside i will reinvest and get the X1 unless they come out with a bigger one.

I do plan on, at least trying to, make my money back. I'll look into what I can potentially sell and go from there. But as I have bought the printers I have for me, as I enjoy it, if I don't make my money back then <shrug>.

Soldato
I do plan on, at least trying to, make my money back. I'll look into what I can potentially sell and go from there. But as I have bought the printers I have for me, as I enjoy it, if I don't make my money back then <shrug>.

Same. I bought the printer to make a paintball boxmag. But honestly, it's a hobby that I just enjoy doing. Being able to make a little something back is nice. I was able to print a part for a vet's centifuge the other day, so they didn't need to buy an entirely new machine (Manufacturer would not sell a very simple plastic replacement part).

Soldato
If i had the multi, the one material would definitely be for clean supports. Dissolvable material or similar

Need to be careful with that when using a colour changer single nozzle style multi filament printer - some people have done tests showing you need ridiculous amount of purging to remove all contamination and if you don’t then the part is structurally significantly weaker…

Could perhaps get around it by always having a cleaning filament as one of your options to get a better purge but obviously adds time changing between them.

The single nozzle solutions are thus seemingly generally better suited to same filament type multi colour… of course if the part you are printing doesn’t need to be structurally strong then it’s less of an issue.

Soldato
Well, it looks like DPD may have "lost" it..........
Bambu are sorting.

Yodel were meant to have delivered mine today to my work address but the tracking said "sorry we missed you, we've left a calling card". BS as I work at a motorcycle dealer and I was stood in the car park with the tracking on my phone waiting for it.

How did you contact Bambu about it as I can't put a support ticket in as I don't know the serial number.

Soldato
So I just got to the bottom of the issue. I did a separate order for a Texture PEI Plate and a High Temperature Plate, whether I need them both is another matter, and they were delivered to my place of work this morning by Hermes. Fortunately we have a regular Hermes driver who knows us all, by first name, as the address label does not include my companies name even though my BL account clearly has my companies name in the default delivery address. I have contacted Yodel, through webchat, and they have updated the information so I should, in theory, get the printer tomorrow. I put a support ticket in using the order number as serial number and informed them how angry I am at BL over this. They won't care but if I'm honest, this has soured me towards the printer and I now wish I'd held off and and built the Voron 2.4 when I could have gotten the LDO kit.

Don
OP
Well, I wouldn't let that sour the experience. My X1C has been working nearly 24/7 since I got it and I've yet to have a single failed print or any issue at all.
Every print has come out pretty much perfect. My other machines haven't had a look in since getting it.

Soldato
I really want this printer but another hurdle thrown in my way today.

After, on webchat, yesterday Yodel adding my companies name on their system I was assured it’d be delivered today. Up until around 1030 this morning the tracking was saying it’d be delivered today. At 1030, when I refreshed the tracking, it had changed to next Wednesday. I spoke to yodel for the 3rd day running and now am going to my “local” depot in Northampton to pick it up tomorrow. It’s a 80 mile round trip but if I actually get the printer then I’ll live with that. Though I am expecting some other ******** with Yodel to happen.

Interestingly in my support chat with BL, their agen has said they’ve had a lot of complaints about Yodel and are looking into removing them as delivery partners. May be BS but I hope it’s not. If DPD had been delivering it I’d have been a lot happier as at least they come to us every day to collect our eBay and online orders.

What will go wrong next I wonder ;)

Soldato
I really want this printer but another hurdle thrown in my way today.

After, on webchat, yesterday Yodel adding my companies name on their system I was assured it’d be delivered today. Up until around 1030 this morning the tracking was saying it’d be delivered today. At 1030, when I refreshed the tracking, it had changed to next Wednesday. I spoke to yodel for the 3rd day running and now am going to my “local” depot in Northampton to pick it up tomorrow. It’s a 80 mile round trip but if I actually get the printer then I’ll live with that. Though I am expecting some other ******** with Yodel to happen.

Interestingly in my support chat with BL, their agen has said they’ve had a lot of complaints about Yodel and are looking into removing them as delivery partners. May be BS but I hope it’s not. If DPD had been delivering it I’d have been a lot happier as at least they come to us every day to collect our eBay and online orders.

What will go wrong next I wonder ;)

I waited 3.5 months for my FLSUN V400... then they gave me the wrong tracking number lol.

Back
Top Bottom