BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Associate
Bah, I need a new monitor and was going to spend £160ish on a nice 20.1" IPS panel. Not sure what to do now. :(

From this thread it seems the 24" is going to be a cracker of a monitor and look at the price? It is cheaper than last year! Mine's on the way and I'll be posting on it after I have given it a go. It sounds from the others, though that you can't really lose.

I have been using my son's 24" Dell for a few days and back to 2 oldish 17" screens is like the dark ages! I can't wait for tomorrow!

Soldato
Same as above really, 8800GT though.

Quick snap of it running SD television, looks pretty sharp / clear considering I'm using a £12 USB tuner :p

dscf4382ul2.jpg

And what would that tuner be called? :D

Soldato
From this thread it seems the 24" is going to be a cracker of a monitor and look at the price? It is cheaper than last year! Mine's on the way and I'll be posting on it after I have given it a go. It sounds from the others, though that you can't really lose.

I have been using my son's 24" Dell for a few days and back to 2 oldish 17" screens is like the dark ages! I can't wait for tomorrow!

Think I will order mine Sunday night if all things are well.

Gibbo, can you confirm there is plenty of stock? ^_^ (P.s. I hate you for making me spend more than I wanted to. :p )

Associate
Oh god, I've had my eyes on a HP w2408h but now OcUK are doing this for £211 (£195ish with the 7.5% discount I've still got to use) I'm really confused! That's an £100 difference on the HP.

I'm just a bit worried that quite a few people recently seem to be having problems with lines of pixels?

Soldato
lets be honest, the stand is crap. the casing is very cheap but, and this is the important bit, as long as ocuk can gaurentee we get the same panels, the panels are without a doubt first rate. put it this way, my dgm is better than my friends 2407.

OcUK Staff
OP
Oh god, I've had my eyes on a HP w2408h but now OcUK are doing this for £211 (£195ish with the 7.5% discount I've still got to use) I'm really confused! That's an £100 difference on the HP.

I'm just a bit worried that quite a few people recently seem to be having problems with lines of pixels?

Hi there

The reason quite a few people seem to be having issues is because were currently shipping 50+ a day of this 24" panel, thats huge turnover and a lot more than any other 24" model we sell.

Plus DGM / OcUK warranty support on these panels is excellent, anyone who has had issues has had product exchanged for new in very short amount of time. :)

Soldato
i need to hook my standalone dvd player to this. The DVD player is Sumvision Lynx HD Upscaling DVD Player with HDMI from OCuk and has the following connections:

- HDMI Digital Audio/Video
- Component-Video
- SCART
- S-Video
- Composite Video
- Audio L/R RCA
- Optical SP/DIF 5.1
- Coaxial SP/DIF 5.1
- USB 2.0 Input
- Memory Card Slot (SD/MMC)

Whats the best way to hook the DVD player to this monitor (if its possible?).

Also want to watch TV on this aswell. Need a cheapish TV card. Any recommendations?

Muchos Gracious

Associate
Have just contacted OCUK re. RMA-ing mine, as I've had it more than 28 days I was told it maybe quicker to contact DGM support direct, I haven't registered it with them as numerous attempts to register via DGM website failed (quite possibly the worst support site I've ever visited :mad:) so will be interesting to see how it goes, need a quick turnarround as have mates round all next weekend for a gamers weekend :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Have just contacted OCUK re. RMA-ing mine, as I've had it more than 28 days I was told it maybe quicker to contact DGM support direct, I haven't registered it with them as numerous attempts to register via DGM website failed (quite possibly the worst support site I've ever visited :mad:) so will be interesting to see how it goes, need a quick turnarround as have mates round all next weekend for a gamers weekend :D

HI there

If you have any issues with DGM, re-contact our support and say you want to send it back here and need a replacement ASAP, if any issues just tell them Gibbo has approved for you to send back to us and that we will have it turned around within 48 hours.

Associate
Received mine couple of hours ago, everything fine, beautiful display, no dead pixels, lurrrvely :D But strangely it is a 100% absolute mirror gloss screen, I thought they are anti-reflective? :confused: Anyone else received one like this?

Back
Top Bottom