Baroness Thatcher has died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
First female PM
Didnt let the Argies take the Falklands
Did what needed to be done at a time that was very trying.

Yeah **** her, should just dump her in the Thames.

Give it a rest. People should have some pride in their country/history.
Also it is a funeral, someone has died, show some bloody respect.

Soldato
My old work office is Juxon House, right on steps of St Pauls. I know the workers there will be on the balcony along with the TV crews and police snipers, looking down as the carriage arrives. It is a great vantage point for processions into St Pauls.

Soldato
Doesn't look like there is much protesting, if any. Perhaps the idiots saw sense after all.

No the idiots at the BBC won't show other protesters, but you will come back with "Good ect" or something like that.

I emailed dodgy dave and asked him if they could spare £85,000 for the kids hospice around here as they need it. Lets see if he comes back?

Man of Honour
I think you've just proved his point for him. Not saying that you on a personal level would not let people protest.

People should have a right to protest and the Met openly invited people who wanted to protest to contact them to be facilitated. Not only is it a funeral, it is an occasion with numerous high profile heads of state and dignitaries' and with that goes restrictions on protest. That would happen in any country where such a funeral or similar takes place.

As for Tory boot boys, it's a Tory led government currently shafting them left right and centre.

Soldato
That which you agree with vs that which you don't.

I can completely understand a certain demographic (anyone under 25-30 has no real need to protest as they were either not alive or young enough that it hardly affected them) protesting as is their right, but to shout abuse at someone's funeral is not on IMO. To hold up placks or turn their back, that is a smart/respectful form of protest.

The problem is that supporters of Thatcher will only deem protests "dignified and intelligent" if they can ignore them, which is not really the point of a protest.

I see your point but I still think there are ways that people could protest and make a point without being disrespectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom