Soldato
I think your opinion of her will be determined by where you live

I imagine people in old manufacturing areas will not be cut up about this

strong war leader..killed large parts of the north east and north west

Permabanned
I think your opinion of her will be determined by where you live

I imagine people in old manufacturing areas will not be cut up about this

strong war leader..killed large parts of the north east and north west

I grew up going to public school in the south east and I absolutely hated her, certainly breaking the mould from my peers, as I said in the other thread to those celebrating:

If you believe in humanity and social justice you can't celebrate death, even the death of one who violated both

Soldato
R.I.P my Dad was a huge fan of Maggie and firmly believes that if it wasn't for her he wouldn't have been as successful as he is now. I know other will have different memories but for me at least she was the greatest post war prime minister.

Man of Honour
RIP Maggie.

I hope the mods keep a close eye on this thread as there will be an influx of blithering mongrels who are over the moon.

Man of Honour
One of our great prime ministers. A lady of strength, conviction and backbone.

"I love argument. I love debate. I don't expect anyone just to sit there and agree with me - that's not their job."

RIP Maggie :(

Permabanned
Greatest prime minister this country has ever had. God bless her soul.

The bitter ones are the ones who are still ****ed because she closed the mines; a decision which she got right. Don't forget at the time the mines weren't making a profit and we were effectively paying to keep them open. The miners were also demanding up to a 30% pay rise whilst literally cutting off the flow of fuel - damaging the rest of the economy.

A woman who had the balls to make the tough calls when no one else would. May she Rest in Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom