Baroness Thatcher has died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
People who were wishing her dead are sick people. Don't worry, though, karma (or whatever you wish to call it) has a way of catching up with such people.

Commissario
This is going to be impossible to moderate, far too many insensitive comments already posted. Regardless of her politics, people are celebrating the death of someone which I find, frankly, disgusting.

Permabanned
I should also mention, many of you wishing her dead probably weren't even alive around that time. Probably just been listening to your parents and share the same disgusting views as them.

Don
A sad day for Great Britain.
Lady Thatcher was the greatest prime minister we've had since Sir Winston Churchill. She made Britain what it is today and turned us in to a powerhouse of the financial and services industries.
Without her hard stance and breaking the backs of the unions, the country would have gone bankrupt.
Tough if you were one of those miners or other manufacturing professionals who were hit hard, but necessary.

Soldato
RIP. I personally think she was a good PM despite some of the more controversial policies.

She had more balls than many of the wet flannels in parliament nowadays.

Caporegime
This is going to be impossible to moderate, far too many insensitive comments already posted. Regardless of her politics, people are celebrating the death of someone which I find, frankly, disgusting.

She was a woman that divided the country, of course there are people celebrating today just as there are people mourning.

People should be free to express themselves, it's an emotional day for a lot of people.

I don't 'wish' death upon anyone, but I'm not going to shed a tear over Thatcher.

Soldato

Not like she and Dennis ever did that. ;)

Soldato
4 million unemployed
15% inflation
Record house repossessions
Record business closures
Record bankruptcies
Poll Tax
Miners strike,closure of pits and now importing coal at exhorbitant prices
Selling off of nationalised industry (railway, steel, gas, electric, water - and look how much they cost now)
Breaking the unions - the working class now have no voice in their workplace and either accept their lot or lose their job
2 recessions in her tenure
Falklands war
Norman Tebbit's comment to the 4 million out of work to "get on your bikes and look for work"

Permabanned

Perhaps you should follow her example; grow a set of balls and start banning the sick individuals wishing death upon someone.

Soldato
She was a woman that divided the country, of course there are people celebrating today just as there are people mourning.

People should be free to express themselves, it's an emotional day for a lot of people.

I don't 'wish' death upon anyone, but I'm not going to shed a tear over Thatcher.

This absolutely.

Soldato

I dont agree with you, but this is a sensible reasoned way to register your disapproval.

Soldato

Mogwai wrote a song for today.

For comment/opinion, yeah her time as PM was horrendous but she was an 87 year old woman who died of a stroke. Let her rest and we can hopefully improve on society as a whole regardless.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Senior Conservative MP David Davis said: "Margaret Thatcher was the greatest of modern British prime ministers, and was central to the huge transformation of the whole world that took place after the fall of the Soviet Union.

"Millions of people in Britain and around the world owe her a debt of gratitude for their freedom and their quality of life, which was made possible by her courageous commitment to the principles of individual freedom and responsibility."

Very well said. RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom