Batman: Arkham Shadow (META QUEST 3 only)

Crits are probably the only one absolutely worth taking. It increases your XP gain, nothing else will have any massive effect on how much experience you can gain, and are quality of life improvements.

If you could change them on the fly it would completely break the fact that predator and combat sections are separate. They could perhaps have moments to reselect, but you're still really close to the start. Right now I'm holding onto one because the upgrades available to me aren't that exciting, so I'd rather see what else comes up when I unlock the next bit of the tree. I've already bought upgrades that I'd not mind not having either, but lvls aren't too far and few between. At least if you try and maximise things (try all gadgets in every fight, as long a combo as you can, all skills etc).

I finished the game yesterday and I think I see why there isn't an option to respec now. You get enough points to buy most skills just playing normally and imo no skill is essential, just nice to have. I plan to replay this again soon.

Last edited:
The game is getting better the further I play it. Reminds me a lot of The Chronicles Of Riddick game, in a good way.

Works better in my living room with more room to play though. I still managed to clip the door with a controller even so.

Also I was frantically searching the house this morning for batteries as one of my controller batteries conked out, as I wanted to play Batman while my wife was out.

I finally found some working ones in my Force FX light saber after trying every remote and battery powered device in the house! (yes, I am a geek).

I must get a recharging dock, at least for the controllers. I love it that my Quest Pro controllers always have enough charge, due to the dock.

Also the more I play this the more I wish there was a PC version to sharpen up the graphics. It's impressive for a native game, but I really hate the blurriness.

It does look low res and performance is iffy sometimes but man what a game. I think I'll try QGO for my next playthrough with 150% res.

It does look low res and performance is iffy sometimes but man what a game. I think I'll try QGO for my next playthrough with 150% res.

Out of interest how many skills did you have leftover not enabled by the end? Just wondering if I don't bother with any armour unlocks if I can max out everything else.

Out of interest how many skills did you have leftover not enabled by the end? Just wondering if I don't bother with any armour unlocks if I can max out everything else.
I only spent 1 point in the armor section but the other skill trees were maxed.

Last edited:
I only spent 1 point in the armor section but the other skill trees were maxed.

Awesome, fairly sure I've done quite well on getting a good amount of XP where possible, so I'd hope to be in a similar situation.

All sounding really positive, will have to dust off the quest 3 and give it a go. How're people finding the motion comfort levels?

I'm playing fully immersive except using 45 degree quick turn (just used to it in a lot of games), have no issues, but normally don't. I do think they've worked some black magic to make it work well though. The only bit I get slightly disorientated with is the jumps over enemies automatically turning you to face their back, but that's me not learning rather than any sort of motion sickness.

I'm playing fully immersive except using 45 degree quick turn (just used to it in a lot of games), have no issues, but normally don't. I do think they've worked some black magic to make it work well though. The only bit I get slightly disorientated with is the jumps over enemies automatically turning you to face their back, but that's me not learning rather than any sort of motion sickness.
Awesome, sounds like I should get on alright then. The only game has made me proper motion sick was Sairento back in the day with all the 'comfort' settings turned off, that ruined me quite quickly!

All sounding really positive, will have to dust off the quest 3 and give it a go. How're people finding the motion comfort levels?
I'm using the balanced option that has snap turning and less vignetting? I can't seem to handle smooth turning at all on the immersive mode.

I'm giving in :D Just chucked the headset on charge and started the process of getting it updated! If anyone is up for doing an app referral on it sometime soon, bung me over a DM, cheers!

Last edited:
I'm giving in :D Just chucked the headset on charge and started the process of getting it updated! If anyone is up for doing an app referral on it sometime soon, bung me over a DM, cheers!

The only upgrade, as I said before, that I've felt is most important to pick early is the critical hits, purely because it earns you more XP quicker for everything else.

Had a brief go, seems very atmospheric which is great, put on immersive as I don't like the other control types. Only felt a bit wobbly when going up a ladder.

Back
Top Bottom