• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Batman™: Arkham Knight Performance

The Smoke effects take 50% of my fps.. wtf! It doesnt even look good.. Problem is vanilla smoke in this game is very lackluster and much less dense than that of other games running standard smoke effects.. and now you peeps are talking about a 30fps lock ingame..why is every nvidia sponsered game such a cluster f*ck on the tech side?!? Gotta test this 30fps lock thing next..

Okay ive runned 2 bench's @3440x1440 everything except smoke turned to max(textures normal cause it wont go any higher?), nvidia smoke turned off.

With 640 GT as Ded Physx
FACD4FF5D4F54AD5E87C5DE2B8E32D8CF64593BA

Without 640 GT as Ded Physx
7391A459D16144EA25569EFE641403B2BFC81445

Options used:
48C5D9658348397AF7423645418D620128B6C6C6

What the benchmark shots here dont really tell is that there were many places were performance was down roughly 25% when forcing physx on my 980ti. The very beginning of the bench i saw 87 fps versus 61 fps(physx forced on the 980ti). However if i enabled smoke the little 640 GT just couldnt handle it and the end results would be much worse than just the 980ti with minimums as low as 19 fps with 640 as dedicated physx card and around 28ish without it.

Last edited:
The Smoke effects take 40% of my fps.. wtf! It doesnt even look good.. Problem is vanilla smoke in this game is very lackluster and much less dense than that of other games running standard smoke effects.. and now you peeps are talking about a 30fps lock ingame..why is every nvidia sponsered game such a cluster f*ck on the tech side?!? Gotta test this 30fps lock thing next..

The probably reduced the non-physx smoke effects to make sure the physx smoke looks better. ;)

Another stuttery game for me on my 290x, im starting to give up on PC gaming,GTA V,Witcher 3 and now Batman all have stuttering problems for me other games BF4 i can have 100 fps with high settings and its smooth. And like GTA V it uses all my GPU Memory :(

I have tested this game on 2 systems running a 980, one at 1440p and one at 1080p. On both systems the video memory is maxed out at 4GB and the memory is downclocking itself to 6000. I've never seen memory downclock like that before?

On the 1080p system it is pulling over 6GB of the system RAM, and on the 1440p system it is pulling almost the entire 8GB of system RAM.

Are you all getting similar results? I'm particularly interested in that memory downclock. :confused:

Could you guys have a look and see if your Vram is being affected in the same way?

4790k @ stock
980 SLI @ 1530/8000

1440p Max:
j6WvKi9.jpg
7HWWvSt.jpg
Min/Max/Avg
27/71/52

1080p Max:
iOVHsOv.jpg
tWWf9o5.jpg
Min/Max/Avg
39/99/66

Edit: Game won't launch fully if nVidia Inspector is open, but when sat at the black screen that is as far as it gets with inspector, I am only at 6000MT/s VRAM rather than 8000MT/s.

Last edited:
Did rocksteady port this or make it from the ground up? I hear the DRM used is resource hungry. Why lock the FPS if it can be unlocked so easily (only for the likes of us and not normal PC gamers)? Gameworks seems a bit of a joke? How can you up the minimum requirements hours before release? What are AMD/nVidia playing at?

I was so chuffed buying this game yesterday? GTA V, whilst running (performance) great, still isn't fixed (crashing) and now this! PC master race :o:D

Last edited:
Did rocksteady port this or make it from the ground up? I hear the DRM used is resource hungry. Why lock the FPS if it can be unlocked so easily (only for the likes of us and not normal PC gamers)? Gameworks seems a bit of a joke? How can you up the minimum requirements hours before release? What are AMD/nVidia playing at?

I was so chuffed buying this game yesterday? GTA V, whilst running great, still isn't fixed and now this! PC master race :o:D

Yeah i'm i would class as PC savvy but i can see why people want to play games on consoles

Somone mentions in the replies to that article that the DRM is causing the memory leak as a torrented version runs fine :rolleyes:

I'm tempted to download it to compare.

Given that the game has been cracked on release day, the DRM was obviously crap anyway so perhaps they will release a patch to remove it.

GameWorks, Denuvo DRM and a port handled by Iron Galaxy? Genuinely surprised that it runs at all. :D

Ah, so Rock Steady didn't actually make the PC version this time? That's annoying as they made Arkham Asylum & Arkham City.

Not that they were bug-free, but they always ran decently enough (So long as you didn't use DX11 in AC)

I'd have probably just got the PS4 version if I knew that!

Back
Top Bottom