Battalion 1944 (ww2 game )

Soldato
I'm actually struggling to see why COD 2 Pro mode had any kind of following. Practically every weapon can 1 shot. You die incredibly fast to every gun in this game. Way ott strafe jumping feels cheap. Struggling to see the raw skill involved compared to CS:GO.

Caporegime
OP
because the reg is so clean. so comes mainly down to player skill with aim and movement/ reactions.if you bad you get your ass handed to you because good people wont miss. so this leaves a huge gap between good and bad players. cs you can sit off corners know the map still do well and because you wont mostly get one tapped you have a chance.in battalion most decent players will kill you in one shot. so you make a bad move you dead instantly. there is no safety net. you only have to look at csgo weapons bullet spread to see how stupid it is. if you want pure skilled games. you give people simple to use items then it comes down to who is the best at playing the game naturally not knowing a ak fires up down left right 360 and you get a hit on 19th bullet.:p

look at the early quake games for eg. pure simple . pure skill.

csgo wouldnt have been so big if cod 4 came out later. all the pros were playing cod 4 promod the money was there. csgo came when there was nothing fps competitive about and no one was playing cod 4 for decent money.so pros went played other games.like dota lol.cause thats where the big money was.

Soldato
watched review on this, kinda seen what the devs have tried to do here and yes it does give me some nostalgia but nostalgia is a powerful thing which can blind us, does this appeal to the masses, were all the right decisions made?

Is it worth 8.99 on cd keys for a quick bit of nostalgia? Hmm probably.

Associate
i dont get why so many cant grasp its not about the numbers for this game !

it only needs a small player base. enough to keep servers busy. its early access so more will play as it gains popularity. also those that cant play it well wont anyway and quickly rubbish it. in a way im glad as all those players do is rage all round then quit after getting slaughtered. not bringing anything to the game . the quicker those are gone the better.then people like me who really enjoy it can do without joe battlefield player getting raged cause he runs everywhere or cant aim. :D

the players that enjoy this kinda game will play it regardless of whether others wont. whether it be competitive or the arcade.

as shroud says it is a great game but not for your avg pc fps player.thats is why 90 percent of people wont like it.

Because all those at the top will soon drift of once something else comes along offering the HUGE MONEY.

What company will pour money into the competitive scene for this if there is an audience of say 500 people?

This weekend including Friday night, across EU and NA, the game topped out at 1600 people playing... topped out!

I have a laugh knocking around on it, I dont see how its that competitive in the main, I just **** around and do alright, but who am I to have an opinion :rolleyes:

Associate
watched review on this, kinda seen what the devs have tried to do here and yes it does give me some nostalgia but nostalgia is a powerful thing which can blind us, does this appeal to the masses, were all the right decisions made?

Yeah for that price, I paid 10 quid. I dont love it, dont hate it, would like it to be better, but its alright to knock about for a bit now and then.

Needs loads of improvements though, Maps are pretty turgid, the lag on the corners is shocking, but outside of that, it does bring back memories of old games if that was your thing.

Im looking forward to the ppsh or whatever it was the Russians had. With the ease of using the Thompson, I can only imagine carving around with a 60 drum SMG again :D

Caporegime
OP

its not made for the masses.its made for people who played the compside of earlier cods. i think this is part of the marketing got wrong also people who related new cods/battlefields and general fps games into older genre. newer fps titles are a lot easier to do well on.even if you not very good.

if you want some oldskool style ww2 fps with a learning curve and general higher skill player base you may like it. if you like bf1 and newer cods then no you wont like it.its worth the price of the game.

humanlaptop nothing wrong with having a voice on what you feel is right or wrong. there is no lag on corners. i play with 200fps locked doesnt move no lag.not sure what pc you using the one i play it on though isnt even high spec.

for new players. usa play thompson and garrand get used to them.thompson is amazing just crossfire hipfiring it.this is why you probably get rinsed if you struggling as the split second you aiming up with it some one will hipfire you with it. kar98 and stg for germans. it does help if you have played earlier cod medal of honour style games.not vital though.if you decent at fps you will do decent if you so so you will struggle rant probably say its a bad game. like most.

Soldato
its not made for the masses.its made for people who played the compside of earlier cods. i think this is part of the marketing got wrong also people who related new cods/battlefields and general fps games into older genre. newer fps titles are a lot easier to do well on.even if you not very good.

if you want some oldskool style ww2 fps with a learning curve and general higher skill player base you may like it. if you like bf1 and newer cods then no you wont like it.its worth the price of the game.

humanlaptop nothing wrong with having a voice on what you feel is right or wrong. there is no lag on corners. i play with 200fps locked doesnt move no lag.not sure what pc you using the one i play it on though isnt even high spec.

for new players. usa play thompson and garrand get used to them.thompson is amazing just crossfire hipfiring it.this is why you probably get rinsed if you struggling as the split second you aiming up with it some one will hipfire you with it. kar98 and stg for germans. it does help if you have played earlier cod medal of honour style games.not vital though.if you decent at fps you will do decent if you so so you will struggle rant probably say its a bad game. like most.

Perhaps that's where they messed up though? including elements for the 'masses' will have brought more interest in.

Caporegime
OP
well thats not what they wanted.from the start it was clear to many what the game would be. i understood straight away what it would be as i played the games that is was modelled on too much.

what many dont seem able to grasp is you dont have to have battlefield numbers or call of duty sales to be successful.you can have small amounts and still do very very well.people just relate each fps title to each other and compare when thats not how it works. this game is fine if only 2000-3000 play it. dirtybomb does this has done for nearly 5 years same figures and made multiple millions and kept player base happy.

this game just came out some more tweaks additions new map soon and fixes and the numbers will rise.also lots of comps to gain exposure and show the people what its like when played well.its sort of shock to play to many people as its so basic but punishes you so easily for bad play.which is not what many modern fps do . as they are so easy to play and do well even when you garbage. it is actually tiring trying to explain the idea of the game to people who i know basically wont play it. or wont play it for long cause they get stomped or...didnt understand the project from the get go.

give it a go tom.get a refund after 2 hrs if you dont like it.

Associate
Cant refund CDKeys keys i believe? Not sure, be aware of that in case.

The lag on the corners is the player jumping gets the view on the 'camper' / slash person behind the corner and can fire on them, before they themselves appear on that other players screen. The developers have acknowledged its a problem... so its there, i believe it will be fixed, but as it stands, jump around a corner and you have an advantage on anyone around it.

Ive said before I hope it does well, I played competitive online and at LANs in MOHAA and then into COD1/2... its a game I enjoy. I dont want to play for a team anymore as im old, but dosent mean I dont like firing it up for a blast. The problem is, its so far from what it needs to be.... the Maps are sticky, I mean obstacles you should be able to jump on or hurdle are just surrounded in invisible barriers... the hip firing is too easy, it shouldnt be like that especially the Thompson, its a long range bullet magnet.

There are some great players playing, id love a kill cam just to be able to appreciate things more, but at the same time, it dosent take long to get into it. Its point and click, its not that hard once you learn the map layout... and crouch everywhere ;)

I still think that Brammer fella needs to ease up a bit, he is easy to hate due to his arrogance about it all.

Soldato
I played quite a lot of the earlier cods, this isn't it, doesn't even come close to that feeling. Yes. I understood the project.

It's a pretty high skilled game sure, when the hitreg/networking works (not sure if teleporting shotgunners are network thing or just a bug) but that's not the only issue - it was difficult to get a proper match up, the maps are uninspiring and once you get over the fact you can have a nice kar98 killstreak going because you have a good aim, it's actually pretty bland.

This could be a lot of fun in 5v5 clan wars, not that I have the time or interest in that anymore but thinking right back to team fortress, tfc, cs, cs:s, cod - they all had solid communities that welcomed players of all levels, the game allowed for players to make mistakes and still learn and feel progress - by going straight after the prokiddies, they are alienating the mass market and making the curve for new players to join too high.

regardless of if you are good at fps or not, this is just a meh game in it's current state and a missed opportunity - softcore/hardcore options? been done successful plenty of times before.

They/you can say it's not for the masses (what an utterly idiotic thing to say btw) all you want, but the fact is, this won't make it another 6 months. Dirtybomb stayed around because splash damage has been around doing multiplayer stuff for years, have other revenue streams.

oh, want to know how to get people to play it? be less condescending for a start - all you need to say is that it has a steep learning curve, it doesn't hold your hand but be patient and you might start to enjoy it. :p

Caporegime
OP
you do have to realize that i started out that way then the enthusiasm was blown out by mainly the same people going on saying the games basically **** . im not really surprised how its gone as i have said its not kind to new players.when you think of most of the fps playerbase and gamers many are probably too young to have played the early cods on pc or medal of honour. or played them on eggbox which is a whole different level of easy :p

Soldato
because the reg is so clean. so comes mainly down to player skill with aim and movement/ reactions.if you bad you get your ass handed to you because good people wont miss. so this leaves a huge gap between good and bad players. cs you can sit off corners know the map still do well and because you wont mostly get one tapped you have a chance.in battalion most decent players will kill you in one shot. so you make a bad move you dead instantly. there is no safety net. you only have to look at csgo weapons bullet spread to see how stupid it is. if you want pure skilled games. you give people simple to use items then it comes down to who is the best at playing the game naturally not knowing a ak fires up down left right 360 and you get a hit on 19th bullet.:p

look at the early quake games for eg. pure simple . pure skill.

csgo wouldnt have been so big if cod 4 came out later. all the pros were playing cod 4 promod the money was there. csgo came when there was nothing fps competitive about and no one was playing cod 4 for decent money.so pros went played other games.like dota lol.cause thats where the big money was.

The early Quake games were the pinnacle of skill agreed but only the rail gun would practically 1 tap someone. There was a whole tactical level of Quake recording the timings of the armor/weapon spawns and controlling areas of the map etc. So yea pure skill without every weapon killing in 1 hit.

Associate
Poor game, Steam decided to start VAC banning people randomly... if it rains, it pours :D

Peak EU... Friday night.... less than 1000 players. Its sad how bad its got tbh, but you cant blame people for being turned off.

At least the Pros will have a game all to themselves... maybe they can pay each other? idk how else they will be able to fund their lavish 'pro' lifestyles

Caporegime
OP
quitea few patches over last day and lots of changes if you are a fan of the game or not sure give it a try. new map.weapon changes. more people per server in arcade added really playing well now.

Back
Top Bottom