Battalion 1944 (ww2 game )

Associate
Yeah seems like it's not in great shape, I haven't played it since Feb in fairness - was just getting too many crashes. I'll probably revisit in a few weeks time after some more patches have landed.

Associate
needs at least 10 players a side, they knew that

unless the maps are that tiny

coming from a man that's never played it, but 5v5 is too small

played and loved dod

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
this is the problem with modern fps vs oldskool fps.majority just cant handle a higher skilled game.so wont play it.shame.everything is just easy to play now.

oldskool fps isnt about big number servers.comp fps isnt.they have made servers with more players . upped the limit. too much cornfed battlefield and modern day cod.

worst thing is that if the project does bomb because people want such a easy game or silly additions.you wont get it again ! no company is going to make a raw oldschool fps title as the masses wont buy, handle it.

i think the only way you could get this game to work in todays market with todays players is.do big massive public servers for all game types.then split off the comp side. this is how promod was.there was never that many playing all day but was a comp stable in fps with big teams. i wish more people would give it chance but realistically i cant see it happening.too much negativity.too much xbox public players that just want another battlefield or cod.shame.

Associate
All they have to do is change how the ridiculous jump aim mechanic works so people can actually see when some jumps around a corner and one shots them. not it be an invisible man until you die.....

fix the still stupid loading times and still the amount of times the game crashes, the game balance is still messed up...

its not hard. it would make the game a whole lot better for everyone, nothing to do with if your 'pro' or not.

all this crap about it being for certain skill bases is just that crap, all they have done is isolate the game and it will die unless they do a few simple changes.

Associate
this is the problem with modern fps vs oldskool fps.majority just cant handle a higher skilled game.so wont play it.shame.everything is just easy to play now.

oldskool fps isnt about big number servers.comp fps isnt.they have made servers with more players . upped the limit. too much cornfed battlefield and modern day cod.

worst thing is that if the project does bomb because people want such a easy game or silly additions.you wont get it again ! no company is going to make a raw oldschool fps title as the masses wont buy, handle it.

i think the only way you could get this game to work in todays market with todays players is.do big massive public servers for all game types.then split off the comp side. this is how promod was.there was never that many playing all day but was a comp stable in fps with big teams. i wish more people would give it chance but realistically i cant see it happening.too much negativity.too much xbox public players that just want another battlefield or cod.shame.

Your posts is pretty much whats wrong with the game in all honesty and it stems from the developers.

They have pushed themselves as some huge Esport game, they slagged off CSGO and PUBG (2 games infintely bigger than them) and just harp on about how Esport everything is.

This flows into the community as when someone does a little well at the game, then they are a demi-god and all of a sudden any who dares question the game or have an opinion, are immediately shot down and screamed at to GO BACK TO XBOX!

The game is early access, its riddled with bugs, riddled with game mechanic problems... and to solve them, surely they want a casual day to day player base out there to help develop things and improve it. Instead, that casual crew have left the game en masse... leaving the Pros whose head is in the sand as this is 'their chance' to make it big like the CSGO circuit. Well, sadly, that wont happen... the 'top' B44 streamers get what 60 viewers, thats hardly appealing to the big sponsors and when these huge lans take place and those who dont have the game see the mess its in, then its a final nail.

Its nothign to do with old school FPS at all, its about a game company and its developers going full on' WE ARE PRO' before even having a game worthy of playtime.

The saddest part of it all, is that if you are talking of ex COD2 players coming back etc... then all this vitriol in the community is coming from adults who are probably mid-20s to 30+.... a little less on the COD4 side, but still,its a desperate situation and when in peak US times there are less than 300 people playing then you know there is a problem with it.

Soldato
It's not a higher skilled game at all, it has a steep jump in point if you are not familiar with the pace, levels. So you can stop slagging off anyone who has anything negative to say about this. Poor design choices led to this point, not Xbox kiddies as you put it.

Goto agree with laptop, have had a few more goes at it, given it a chance but its getting worse with more problems than fixes.

Caporegime
OP
Your posts is pretty much whats wrong with the game in all honesty and it stems from the developers.

They have pushed themselves as some huge Esport game, they slagged off CSGO and PUBG (2 games infintely bigger than them) and just harp on about how Esport everything is.

This flows into the community as when someone does a little well at the game, then they are a demi-god and all of a sudden any who dares question the game or have an opinion, are immediately shot down and screamed at to GO BACK TO XBOX!

The game is early access, its riddled with bugs, riddled with game mechanic problems... and to solve them, surely they want a casual day to day player base out there to help develop things and improve it. Instead, that casual crew have left the game en masse... leaving the Pros whose head is in the sand as this is 'their chance' to make it big like the CSGO circuit. Well, sadly, that wont happen... the 'top' B44 streamers get what 60 viewers, thats hardly appealing to the big sponsors and when these huge lans take place and those who dont have the game see the mess its in, then its a final nail.

Its nothign to do with old school FPS at all, its about a game company and its developers going full on' WE ARE PRO' before even having a game worthy of playtime.

The saddest part of it all, is that if you are talking of ex COD2 players coming back etc... then all this vitriol in the community is coming from adults who are probably mid-20s to 30+.... a little less on the COD4 side, but still,its a desperate situation and when in peak US times there are less than 300 people playing then you know there is a problem with it.

you have spoke nothing but negativity against the game since playing.anyone go read his replies to this game for last few pages.its not the devs fault or mine how this game is percieved. the problem is most people who played cod played in public big servers and want that kinda of game with ww2 setting. that was never promised the game is more like promod . peoples perceptions because of how most played cod 2 thought that is going to be battalion.

they have pushed for comps true. to get the game noticed amongst the pro teams. this is also publicity. which anyone can understand. you have to remember they are not activision.they havent got 100 million for advertising. i believe they have 100,000 pound. now how would you promote this game publicity wise ? on such a small budget ? the idea of cups lans is a good one.

they mentioned pubg as a anomalie.it is.it cant be replicated.games like that dont come around often.also many people dont understand how long its actually took to get pubg right probably 10 years.since the first mod ideas were made.so all they were saying is basically dont expect big numbers like pubg as its a rare phenomenon that comes round every blue moon.

battalion doesnt need big numbers.as said previously with fps people compare other fps titles with each other and if one has lower numbers its failed ! when its not true. some games operate on smaller numbers and run for many years succesfully.

the game does suit esports.so why wouldnt you say that ? how can you even be mad or surprised at that ?

i agree some things can could be done better but pelting them with rocks at every opurtunity isnt helping either. thats much of a issue at the moment. many people play in groups. one two of your group get fed up screw battalion not playing it.lets go steam write some crap which is standard practice now for all games . then the trolls jump in get it popping some more then it just spreads.

i dont believe you should accept a bad game or bad ideas.id rather people point out bad design in gameplay but just shooting down a title for the sake of it.is pretty lame especially when i know no big companies will make this kind of fps title again after this. thats why battlefield wont do it or cod. it suits a too small player base for them to make enough money. so it will be gone.

which is a shame.

what comes next is they either make it more like public big servers and more easier for anyone to play just to quiet the ragers and avg joe. i think that will probably happen now and we just end up with a spoon fed normal cod game which every loves of course. lol.

Associate
A good early access game will retain its player base, especially early doors as there is still something to cling on to.

This game hasnt, its had 'patches' that havent resolved anything. They are changing maps all the time to try and placate people... the fact is, for all this great gameplay it supposedly has... it hasnt got it.

I dont care if it succeeds or fails, they have my money and hope they put it to good use.... ie a superlan for all the Pros to play in, well that would be everyone left playing the game as it stands :D

Caporegime
OP
haha lap it up.:p shame the right people wernt behind the vision.that many wanted.a quality ww2 fps is wanted by many just no one can nail it together.give us what we want.

Soldato
what did i just put.lap it up.cant you understand that ? that norfolk logic.:D

No, with your spelling and grammar its hard to decipher any post made.

Nice to pop in there with a quick insult though, its like the DayZ thread all over again. DG declares amazing game, sings its praises until everyone realises its pump then pretends he knew it was pump all along.

Caporegime
OP
what would you post about though if it wasnt trolling me ? thats half your posts on here.as i said third time for you.maybe a third time you will understand . lap it up.

Back
Top Bottom