*** Battlefield 1 ***

Associate
See now I may be unique in this , but I actually think thats precisely how tanks SHOULD be. It should be just the "antitank" class who is best at taking out tanks. (although obviously any class can use one of the many cannons dotted about, I mean in terms of just what the class has). I actually feel that in BF4 there were too many ways to take a tank out, made them seem less like the beasts of the battlefield and more like the toilet paper of the bathroom

Like I say, I went 44-0 in a tank yesterday as a test and I was absolutely gobsmacked that nobody, not a single person in the 32 players on the other side had the brainpower to use a cannon or antitank rockets against me. Instead they just kept running at me throwing nades and making themselves easy kills, all it would have taken was for a couple of them to respawn with the antitank rockets and I would have been buggered, but nope. No adaptability, no thought, no tactics..just run and nade.

In rush, cannon placements are plausible, but even then its only certain areas you can see a clear path, and the slow reload and being pulled out of the view to watch the reload animation, it makes it hard to miss and take a 2nd shot when things have moved around even slightly.
When ive jumped in cannons and one was in my path, it took 4 hits to take him out (he may have been repairing). About 2min later, another tank appeared, shot at me the instance he had the shot, and killed me - same guy. didnt have a clue where i was, BF told him and made it easy for him. Wont be any different from anywhere else, provided you get the finishing hit.

Conquest its pretty much out of the question at a lot of flags, you get your throat slit just looking out the window of a 2nd floor building for more than 10sec! Too many directions they can come at you, and your dead. If the target isnt being distracted by others, so your hits blend in with others, you're the one in paper armour.

As for AT gun, it'd help if the game gave you the AT weapon to begin with, because grenades and TNT are all useless unless you see them coming and can do 4x grenades without being seen (you only get 3 iirc) and the tank is sitting there allowing the nades to land, or can just nicely plop a few TNT next to it which apparently dont stick like C4.
Mines are fine, you can leave them and maybe score a kill, and if your lucky you place them around one in a built up area. Also, none of this really applies to anything except the light tank, because the rest can easily have crew shooting you without you knowing, so you're not safe doing anything in its sight.
You've got no help attacking with rush, because tanks will sit back, you cant push to take them out without getting tanked or sniped. Defending you can at least lay mines and hope for them pushing up.

But the AT gun, you've got a game that doesnt give you them to begin with, and expects you to level up the class before you can unlock it, when its gun is pretty weak and inaccurate, its AT weapons get you killed, and it refuses to register your class rank until you've left the server, if it even registers it at all. Then you've got a website which initially let you buy anything if you had the money, which is now stopping you do that.

Its just a terrible class, it asks you to grind it out with a terrible load-out, till you can rank it up a couple of times in order to get something that is actually useful and finally gives the class a purpose.

Snipers get a perfectly good and very easy 1-hit kill weapon with no inaccuracy & killer flairs (or eternal blinding flairs!), medics get a half decent rifle & health packs, support have LMG that gets more accurate the longer you hold the trigger, tripmines & ammo crates, and the assault class is told to suck it up and get slaughtered and take what pts you can till you can make it a viable option.
Its horrendous, and its no surprise that on a tank & sniper dominating map, people are easily able to 20/50 - 0 it. After a week or 2, and with a game that works, maybe those tanks will be getting something to deal with - until then, they're dominating and mistakes is usually what gets them killed.

Might be fun going 20-0 in them, feeling like iron-man, but its utterly pointless for anyone that has zero interest in playing armored combat.

Caporegime
Just jumped on star wars battlefront and switched to first person view and my god, when you do that... everything about the infy play feels exactly the same as infy play in bf 1, the movement, the way the guns feel when you fire them i.e. recoil, the only thing missing is no prone and you can't do a stupid combat roll...

They might as well have added 3rd person view and copied the card/perk system from battlefront as well.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Then just change it so that Assault has the AT gun from the start. But I dont know, like I say I keep seeing people saying that BF1 has been dumbed down and made for noobs compared to older BFs (all a little elitist in my opinion) , yet people then seem to want it made easier still which seems in contradiction to that.

I have no problem with tanks as they are. When people work together, they are pretty easy to kill, the fact that people dont work together is the fault of people, not the game.

Soldato
Just jumped on star wars battlefront and switched to first person view and my god, when you do that... everything about the infy play feels exactly the same as infy play in bf 1, the movement, the way the guns feel when you fire them i.e. recoil, the only thing missing is no prone and you can't do a stupid combat roll...

They might as well have added 3rd person view and copied the card/perk system from battlefront as well.

Ha I love the tps perspective!

Caporegime

You're probably going to think that regardless as its essentially the same iteration of the engine used for battlefront with a dx12 addition. Plus people have been making the battlefront comparison since the elites were announced so that seed has been planted in people's minds anyway. Also doesn't help that the tatooine map was in the battlefront demo and its the same setting as this demo. I don't recall too many saying the alpha felt like battlefront, but as soon as this launched with a desert map and elites all the comparisons are being made.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You're probably going to think that regardless as its essentially the same iteration of the engine used for battlefront with a dx12 addition. Plus people have been making the battlefront comparison since the elites were announced so that seed has been planted in people's minds anyway. Also doesn't help that the tatooine map was in the battlefront demo and its the same setting as this demo. I don't recall too many saying the alpha felt like battlefront, but as soon as this launched with a desert map and elites all the comparisons are being made.

I'm not talking about graphics or the engine or any other game mechanics, I am talking purely about the movement i.e. the running animation/bobbing, the transition from running to not running and vice versa etc. etc. and how the guns feel/handle.

I have only used first person view in SWBF for a whopping 5 or so minutes when the alpha first came out and then I realised that I was putting myself at a massive disadvantage by playing in first person view so never touched it again until tonight.

I am not one of these who thinks it is just a reskin of battlefront but having played both a fair bit, it is pretty obvious that they have taken a lot from battlefront and added it to the BF 1 in some shape or form but the infy feel "overall" is far more battlefront style than bf 3/4/hardline.

And yes, elites aren't anywhere as powerful as the heroes in SWBF, it is the least of my concerns with this game, although it is still ****ing ridiculous having them in this, they do nothing for this game.

Soldato
What fps are people getting on what kit?
On my rig 1 (spec in my sig) - at 4K, on ultra (dx12) I'm averaging around 70fps, sometimes dipping to 50/55fps

This rig is driving two 4K monitors that normally has a web browser on it at the same time.

Just wondered how that compares to others?

about the same here @ 4k as well.

Back
Top Bottom