*** Battlefield 1 ***

Man of Honour
Even remastered it looks ****. Still was a fun game though.

Could do with a bit more "pop" and I can see some low res textures still and a few areas the geometry could be touched up a bit like some of the windows but otherwise doesn't look too bad. The lighting detail on foliage could definitely do with a bump though - would be acceptable a few years ago but kind of lacking now.

Caporegime
for some reason took me a little while though it had crashed but it came on origin updated and was fine. probably the normal memory leak that is EA/origin dice :D

as a cod 4 fan who played thousands of hrs scrims leagues ladders promod you name it just not interested in it . shame.

i have 3 copies on my desk lol.

Soldato
Just played some BC 2 with patsy and damn, it ****es all over this :p

Seriously good fun, a lot easier than what I remember too, either that or the players are utter **** :p

Best of all, EA must have given me vietnam DLC when they moved my game to origin cause the servers were showing and I could join, so epic jumping in to a game with that setting and hearing the vietnam music :cool:

You never played the Vietnam DLC before? :eek: Wow

Soldato
BC2 Vietnam is still for me the best DLC of any game. I get bored really easily but that was (as far as I know), the only game (DLC) where I was happy just being in the servers for the atmosphere.

Couple of smokes, some fortunate son.....I am Martin Sheen in FMJ

Associate
Far better now with the guns unlocked, enjoying it with the better AT rockets and slightly more flexible guns. Still annoys me the medic respawn timer is so low, pretty pointless trying to revive people most of the time.

That map is a little boring though!

Associate
Am a bit undecided on this. Didn't play BF4 but compared to 3 the only thing it has going for it are the graphics. Same dodgy hit reg, rubberbanding, unnatural movements etc. It looks incredible but at its core as a shooter it's so ropey.

2011 Red Orchestra 2 felt better than BF1, doesn't look it obviously, but the infantry mechanics are just rock solid. The feeling in RO2 head shotting a moving target with a bolt action...it's divine. I get nothing like that with BF1, but i didn't get it with BF3 either (the choppers were amazing though :) )

Soldato
Continuing the thread derail I won't buy CoD4 RM until it's sold separately and with mod tools so that Promod can make an attempted comeback.

Back
Top Bottom