*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
But if you take that bridge out I can't get my tank up there :(.

Great posistion for taking on planes/lower tanks/snipers/hammering C from afar.

Caporegime
Nothing has come close to original Medal of honour allied assult. Nothing

like most games films music its the moment time period which often gives you that sense of being so good.

also looking back at memories often gives a rosier view than present day.

cod1/cod uo for me. was perfection absolutely loads playing at all hrs.

thing is now days i would rather play a modern decent game than just play that.as its been and gone.same with cod 4 a masterpiece of a game but i wouldnt put the hrs into it now.its had its day.

Caporegime
Hmm. I'm in two minds about this. The Beta was 'OK' but I didn't like the map much. There appears to be little Skill involved in the planes and the tanks are, if anything, more OP than in any BF game previously due to the lack of significant anti-armour equipment. It started to get a little bit stale and I only really played for about 10 hours, if that. Really undecided at the moment.

Caporegime
I think it can improve with other maps, i put quite a bit of time into it (23 hrs apparently) and despite some annoyances, quite liked it.

Might be its a change from the modern warfare bs that i like the most, just utterly fed up with that kind of game at present.

Man of Honour
I think I'm gonna go with a final judgement of pure garbage - its being harsh and not entirely fair taking the game itself in isolation - but someone like Dice should be producing better than the mediocre **** gameplay by now. (Plus so many legacy Battlefield bugs and issues still not ironed out in 2016).

Soldato
I think I'm gonna go with a final judgement of pure garbage - its being harsh and not entirely fair taking the game itself in isolation - but someone like Dice should be producing better than the mediocre **** gameplay by now. (Plus so many legacy Battlefield bugs and issues still not ironed out in 2016).

I can see it been a flop,Just like Battlefront.

Soldato
like most games films music its the moment time period which often gives you that sense of being so good.

also looking back at memories often gives a rosier view than present day.

cod1/cod uo for me. was perfection absolutely loads playing at all hrs.

thing is now days i would rather play a modern decent game than just play that.as its been and gone.same with cod 4 a masterpiece of a game but i wouldnt put the hrs into it now.its had its day.

No it isn't, I went back to BFBC2 after this and a 4 year break and its still as good as I remember it and was far more fun. The fact that this was so bad forced me to question whether the previous games were good or I was just getting intolerant. Nope, the previous games were just 'better'.

This isn't 'decent' its just catering to as many people they can sell it to. It's aimed at couch gamers, not pc gamers looking for a competitive fix. Its a quick cashgrab while theyve got peoples attention just like Battlefront was. The beta isn't a test for EA, its a preorder drive to get as many people to stump up the £100 asap before releasing the beta as final release. Watch this space.

Soldato
I agree with Boycey,Looks to me like they're trying to get as much money in pre-orders before Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare drops with its Modern Warfare Remaster.

Bad Company 2 was amazing,I really wish they had given us Bad Company 3 instead of this Battlefield 1 crap.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had another game yesterday and got a decent score. I play BF4 on hardcore infantry only so I am wondering if that is making this game feel so easy? Even managed to have a brief go of the planes and actually kill some people. I am enjoying it, but there is something about it which I am not liking but can't put my finger on!

Soldato
Had another game yesterday and got a decent score. I play BF4 on hardcore infantry only so I am wondering if that is making this game feel so easy? Even managed to have a brief go of the planes and actually kill some people. I am enjoying it, but there is something about it which I am not liking but can't put my finger on!

To be fair BF4 hardcore is subsequently a LOT easier because it's just that. Much easier to kill people so if you have a half decent aim you will be better off in HC as it's just that much easier.

Either game mode you like to play is cool :) and i am personally enjoying bf1! can't wait for it to come out now and get onto some different maps!

Man of Honour
Well, I think you all know my thoughts on the game. I played the beta for something like 30 hours in the end, absolutely loved it. I had stacks of fun running about with the missus or some friends. Loads of laugh out loud moments.

There were a few things that I'd like changed but nothing which was so serious as to detract from the fun I had, nor put me off buying. I wont preorder ( because I dont do preorders) and I will only be getting the standard edition because that has all that I need in it, I'm quite happy to just pick up the expansions\DLC when they are released down the road.

Do I consider it to be a Battlefield game in the same mould as the superb BF1942 or the earlier BF games, well frankly I dont even judge it in that way, I'm not seeking for some legacy to be created , I just want a game to be fun (which I found the beta to be). Is it "simplified" for the masses, possibly, but I dont care, I'm not looking to use a game to prove how much skill or adept I am, I just want it to be fun, which I found it to be. Before the beta began, that was my requirement, as it is with all games, am I having a laugh, am I having fun with it, are the missus and I enjoying running about on it together. For us, BF1 answered all of those with a yes, that makes it good entertainment for us and worth purchasing.

Its a shame that so SO many people havent liked BF1 at all but I'm absolutely certain there will be another title come along which will be fun for those people too. Those of you who did enjoy the beta, I shall see you on the field :)

Back
Top Bottom