*** Battlefield 1 ***

Caporegime
No it isn't, I went back to BFBC2 after this and a 4 year break and its still as good as I remember it and was far more fun. The fact that this was so bad forced me to question whether the previous games were good or I was just getting intolerant. Nope, the previous games were just 'better'.

This isn't 'decent' its just catering to as many people they can sell it to. It's aimed at couch gamers, not pc gamers looking for a competitive fix. Its a quick cashgrab while theyve got peoples attention just like Battlefront was. The beta isn't a test for EA, its a preorder drive to get as many people to stump up the £100 asap before releasing the beta as final release. Watch this space.

bfbc2 was a great game just like some of those i mentioned.sorry to say though they been and gone.the servers are mostly dead or people with stoneage pcs playing them that are left.

i do agree this isnt the best bf game but what you probably want isnt going to happen.the thing is with games often the best fun is with friends even in sub par games.if you have a group of people you play with and can have fun then its worth playing just for that reason alone.

as for the reasoning for the beta i think you may of been smoking something. no one buys full price nevermind £100 special editions.most of us buy that £30 cd key have our fun then move on.

is the game worth £30 ? yes .

Caporegime
my biggest problem with the beta is trying to find a gun I like when playing assault. Nobody is taking on tanks at the minute so I'm doing exactly that.

The shotgun is nice close up but none of the other guns seem good at all. Hopefully when all the other guns get unlocked come full game there will be some better choices in there.

Soldato
I think I'm gonna go with a final judgement of pure garbage - its being harsh and not entirely fair taking the game itself in isolation - but someone like Dice should be producing better than the mediocre **** gameplay by now. (Plus so many legacy Battlefield bugs and issues still not ironed out in 2016).

I feel the same.

Although i've slated it, I did keep playing and keep an open mind. Tried both solo and with quite a few different groups of mates, got about 25 odd hours as I am missing a fps to play.

We all came to the same conclusion, it's a buggy pos that's only ever going to be mediocre at best.

It's just disappointing because it's a decent engine and runs great, but so many dumb design choices and so many ridiculous bugs - added in the fact that most weapons are very unsatisfying to use, makes it one to avoid.

Good for those that do enjoy it, play while you can, expect this to be dead within a few months.

Caporegime
I think it was just a poor map and lots of stuff still locked. Both BC2 and BF3 had excellent beta maps (Port Valdez and Metro) plus you could unlock everything.

The Map on BF1 was rubbish but I can see why DICE did it to show case all the new features. (Train, sand storms, horses, fog etc)

Dice does have some serious balancing issues to sort out though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nothing about the engine felt new.

Bf is as much now as cod.

Everyone will buy both, moan about both, still play 100s of hours.

I played bf3 beta and that made me pre order 1h later...
Bf1 beta, nothing felt awesome, it felt old and samey after 15 mins of oh cool biplane oh cool Renault tank, oh horse.
It was fun but it felt like there was nothing groundbreaking. Although I never played swbf it looks imo identical. Beautiful games but very arcadey.

What's this year's cod gonna be like?

Soldato
my biggest problem with the beta is trying to find a gun I like when playing assault. Nobody is taking on tanks at the minute so I'm doing exactly that.

The shotgun is nice close up but none of the other guns seem good at all. Hopefully when all the other guns get unlocked come full game there will be some better choices in there.

Mp 18 experimental is good.

Overall I had some really enjoyable moments in the beta, and will be buying it, but I think I'm pretty bored of that map now, and I'm not sure it will go down in the history of battlefield as one of it's greatest iterations.

Soldato

Hammer. Nail. Head.

The assault class was infuriating, I too wanted to take out tanks, but constantly found myself up against medics with multi shot ultra accurate rifles!

Associate
well i hooked with some old BF2/BF3 friends and had a blast. it a shame that people are slating it, I think it's a fun game to play, will probably buy this as an escape from elite dangerous.

Also can't believe there were map hackers already.

Man of Honour
Also can't believe there were map hackers already.

multihack engines these days often mean it doesn't take the hack authors that long to support a new game on the same or similar engine as an existing one :(

Looks like they are upping the pace on detecting and dealing with cheats though - massive new ban wave hit over the last 2-3 days. Had a hilarious one last night as someone with the name something master 3000 jumps in and does quite badly and starts complaining about everyone cheating and going on a rant and then suddenly mid rant he is kicked by PB for multihack lol.

Back
Top Bottom