*** Battlefield 1 ***

Associate
Using DX11 as sweetfx does not work with DX12, does it?

Anyway running fine with a real mod profile off thelazy and the lut settings for my screen.

What's the little icon the flashes up now and again on the right hand side of the screen about half way down, looks like a stack of money? Orangey/red in colour.

Im not 100% sure myself, but im guessing its like the bF4 indicators:

syvzV.pnghttp:

Soldato
I remembered why I stopped playing FPS shooters so much. They're just an exercise in annoyance, medics who don't revive or drop med packs, support who don't know they have ammo. Capture the first 3 flags and comfortably racking up points, so lets all run to the other 2 and let the opposition capture our 3 from behind.
Nobody ever hangs back to defend flags. And it's half understandable because you are guaranteed to get very few points by playing like that. And with the game progression built to be a slog of a grind as it is, trying to get a good points haul, or at least not get a pitiful points haul, is probably reasonably high on people's priority list.

Soldato
Nobody ever hangs back to defend flags. And it's half understandable because you are guaranteed to get very few points by playing like that. And with the game progression built to be a slog of a grind as it is, trying to get a good points haul, or at least not get a pitiful points haul, is probably reasonably high on people's priority list.

And yet if you win you are reward with 1.5 times your score anyway

Soldato
I remembered why I stopped playing FPS shooters so much. They're just an exercise in annoyance, medics who don't revive or drop med packs, support who don't know they have ammo. Capture the first 3 flags and comfortably racking up points, so lets all run to the other 2 and let the opposition capture our 3 from behind.

lol..

I've had the resupply award frequently (60 in one round), I rarely see others resupply when I'm not support though. Revives don't happen much unless you've got Crispy** following you although Waylander and Snips have been known to.
I tend to use the small ammo pack, and throw it at everyone I see, squad or not rather than leave a box which either gets destroyed by an enemy grenade, or worse a support player on your team who wants the resupply points for themselves.

The flag zerging is my biggest bugbear. Team captures backcaps and central flag and then leaves the flanks completely open as they zerg into enemy territory. Most of the team should stop at this point and defend the width of the map and the key central flag*. One or at most two squads should think about a flank for the enemy gimmie, but not the whole ******* team!

I used to see so many teams lose rounds of lockers this way.

In BF4 (and I think it holds true here), I quite often got an mvp on zavod or hanin by using a LAV or AA (light tank would do here) and just running backwards and forwards constantly between the backcaps and the centre of the map rather than pushing for the allcap, it can be like playing whackamole, but at least we don't lose the backcaps. It's harder in BF1 as a light tank is much less capable vs infantry than an BF4 LAV due to lack of ammo and maneuverability, so ideally you want a camper or two on the backcaps too..

*The enemy will still find their way to a backcap on an open map either by air or water, but if your team is mostly at the halfway point then they don't have too far to send a squad or two back to snuff it out, whereas if they're at the other end of the map, they've effectively just swapped your gimmie for theirs.

** IIRC Crispy was the only person who revived me throughout the beta.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought the game last night and have been struggling with random freezes which last between 5-8 seconds. I'm running a 2500k @ 4.2ghz, 8gb RAM and a GTX 970 on Win 7 - not really sure what the problem could be as the FPS is fine when it hasn't froze.

The game seems fairly good, though I'm not sure how I feel about the map design. It feels like there aren't any good positions, like you can always be shot from 4 different directions and flanked from behind. Which generally just means the best way to play is to just grab a machine gun and try and get behind and shoot the enemy in the back before they do the same to you.

Soldato
I get a few random freezes, 970 aswell. 90% of the time it locks my system up and needs a reboot.
I also have to reboot every time I try and join a server, and then back into the main menu while it puts me in a queue. Then the main menu freezes (Can only click the quit game button bottom left), and when i get to desktop origin is just a black square. (Have tried ending process etc etc, only a restart fixes it)

I put it down to overheating ('cus im lazy) but it did get a lot better since the last patch.

play in a squad, cover your flank ;) Welcome to war!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
BF4 I struggled to keep mine at 1.1, BF1 never dropped below 1.5 so far.

think i was like 2.5 on BF4, I've not broke 1.5 yet on BF1, think that's all down to the class I'm playing though. I'm normally quite aggressive, playing the scout class aggressively isn't really working for me, but want to get that Dirtini unlocked lol. I think once I start using assault, I'll be sweet but the scout game style doesn't really suit me.

Soldato
Haven't cared about my K/D in any battlefield game as it's all about winning for me which is my biggest frustration with this battlefield.

No one seems to be playing to win, simply to get as many kills as possible and not play play the objective. I feel the points incentives should be bigger for objective/squad play

Hope that all changes when I can find a decent clan server with similar mentality like I had in BF4.

Back
Top Bottom