*** Battlefield 1 ***

Caporegime
Yeah I give up in the end, was just getting CTD's too often for my liking, no problems in other games except this.....

Regarding the USA server, it felt better than EU/irish servers for me, slight delay but on the whole, it was better than the rubber banding/lag.

Underboss
how much was premium pass NexusEAWhoreRonkulover??? ;)

EDIT: Nevermind, just found it. £40 for Premium, you have lost your marbles Nexus.

Where are you looking? I got it for £23 on the Origin sale and Potato got it for £31! Wait until you have half decent interwebs though, the lag is bad enough with you high pingers joining in :)

Should be on about 830 tonight going to see Lego Ninjago with the lad at 6.

Associate
Finally able to enjoy the ITNOTT expansion maps now that Chromatic Aberration is disabled, it's so much better! The changs to friendly/ enemy player icons is taking some getting used to - spent ages shooting at a teammate yesterday without realising :rolleyes:

Soldato
Finally able to enjoy the ITNOTT expansion maps now that Chromatic Aberration is disabled, it's so much better!

Indeed! Chromatic Aberration is ******* stupid. First came across it in The Division, disabled that **** straight away. I don't know why game devs think it's a good thing to have, i really don't understand.

Caporegime
how much was premium pass NexusEAWhoreRonkulover??? ;)

EDIT: Nevermind, just found it. £40 for Premium, you have lost your marbles Nexus.

As josh said, £31 for me at cd keys, that is for the revolution edition, base game + premium, works out cheaper than just buying standalone premium :p

Soldato
"Okcu haxor, much wow"

GGs
Yeah gg's, I'm still waiting to see Sidey's report.
A- Must try harder :D

Wasn't really enjoying it tonight. The fact you can no longer see who is even on your team or not is annoying.
I ended up liking the changes when I got acclimatized. I was able to make out solders better at a distance, but I did end up taking pot shots at blueberries quite a bit.

="TonyTurbo78, post: 31237499, member: 153018"]Haz....bloody hilarious your little image on the Discord Channel :) well played sir, well played.

Will have to buy Premium just for that effort lol.
Glad you liked the meme Tony, looking forward to playing with you again :)

Yeah I give up in the end, was just getting CTD's too often for my liking, no problems in other games except this.....

Regarding the USA server, it felt better than EU/irish servers for me, slight delay but on the whole, it was better than the rubber banding/lag.
Is your CPU overheating? The beta used to cook my 3930k after a couple of rounds.
The irish server lag is still bad, but the Dutch one we went on seem to be Ok after a few minutes.

I'm thinking if it's as busy tonight as it was last night we should have a vehicle squad and a infantry squad (No one likes being the sole infantry player in a squad with pilots and tankers unless they're grinding repairs)

Caporegime
Is your CPU overheating? The beta used to cook my 3930k after a couple of rounds.
The irish server lag is still bad, but the Dutch one we went on seem to be Ok after a few minutes.

I'm thinking if it's as busy tonight as it was last night we should have a vehicle squad and a infantry squad (No one likes being the sole infantry player in a squad with pilots and tankers unless they're grinding repairs)

All temps are fine, cpu doesn't go above 70. Plus this is just mainly CTD errors i.e. battlefield 1 has stopped working :/

Speaking of grinding repairs, I'll need to grind repairs later on to unlock that OP DLC LMG as well as getting 2 airplanes with LMGs.

Soldato
The bomber on the ITNOTT maps is great for repair grinding, it has a fourth seat you can repair from. Managed 50 reps in ~10 mins in that thing before. Tankers have a habit of driving off and leaving you exposed.

Edit: Apparently the 3d spotting is just a change in the default opacity settings for markers..

DannyonPC said:
Apparently the opacity settings were changed to 50% (for some reason)

Bring it back to 100 and it should work

Last edited:
Associate
Can I put my hand up and say I have no idea how to buy this game! I want to get back into these type of games after years of not playing them (original Doom, Wolfstein, Duke Nuke then after COD in 2009, then I stopped playing).

I am looking for WWI or WWII, strong single player mode, BF1 seems to tick the boxes, but how the heck do you buy it, steam? Any other addons required to get it running or is BF1 standalone?

Soldato
Can I put my hand up and say I want to get back into these type of games after years of not playing them (original Doom, Wolfstein, Duke Nuke then after COD in 2009, then I stopped playing).

I am looking for WWI or WWII, strong single player mode, BF1 seems to tick the boxes, but how the heck do you buy it, steam? Any other addons required to get it running or is BF1 standalone?

TBH for a single player experience you might want to look at the new COD WWII, BF has never been strong on SP. In BF1 SP isn't bad (quite good in the context of BF games), but it's essentially a tutorial to playing MP set in the context of individual soldiers in different parts of the war. Also the start is a bit jarring as you keep starting as different soldiers at different places within the same battle only to be brutally dispatched shortly afterwards (skill only helps you survive a little longer as each soldier). BF is more about the online squad play.

Associate
Good info, I was watching hardware unboxed COD WWII video that's just been posted, that's what got me interested. Comments seem mixed, many saying the engine and map size aren't on par with BF1, but comments there are always a mix of fan boys and utter rubbish mostly!

I think I will wait until Nov 3rd for COD WWII then, especially if single player is a strong point.
Cheers.

Underboss
Looked on Origin, though sod that not paying 40 jibs...then went to Kinguin where it's up for 42 jibs.

Yeah fair one seems it's gone up drastically in the 3 weeks since I got it - hang on until it's cheaper we still play vanilla now and again but the DLC maps are decent as as some of the weapons.

map size aren't on par with BF1

BF maps are huge compared to COD maps, at least x4 times the size as an average I'd guess.

Soldato
TBH for a single player experience you might want to look at the new COD WWII, BF has never been strong on SP. In BF1 SP isn't bad (quite good in the context of BF games), but it's essentially a tutorial to playing MP set in the context of individual soldiers in different parts of the war. Also the start is a bit jarring as you keep starting as different soldiers at different places within the same battle only to be brutally dispatched shortly afterwards (skill only helps you survive a little longer as each soldier). BF is more about the online squad play.

I remember the good old days when BF had no SP! :p

Back
Top Bottom