*** Battlefield 1 ***

Caporegime
Some gg's tonight.

These damn BF 1 stopped working errors/ctd are ******* annoying though, really ruins the game.

Just spent the last hour searching for fixes etc. and damn there are a **** ton of threads on crashes etc. for this game, can't say I'm surprised though..... Anyway, done a few of the supposed fixes such as removing tm from BF 1 display name under regedit, clearing origin cache, repairing the game, running sfc checknow in cmd prompt etc. Here's hoping this has solved the issue.

Soldato
Bf1 is very good at finding unstable overclocking and crashing.

My previous machine had an x280 Gpu which was stable if run at reference clocks but crashed out regularly in bf1 if overclocked.

Also check temps of cpu / Gpu in game as it really stresses both.

When tweaking the memory on my current machine it would pass all kinds of stress tests but crash out on bf1 within an hour. In the end I just use bf1 to test overclocking, my current setup is now completely stable for my needs.

Caporegime
CPU and memory is overclocked (could be that but really cba going through bios tweaking again and definitely couldn't drop to stock clocks as my i5 750 would then be running at 2.8GHz)
GPU is only undervolted, so if the crashes still happen, I'll try reducing this
Temps are all good

It just seems more like something wrong with the game/origin or some software fault as generally if it is a hardware issue, my PC would either blue screen or red screen or just completely freeze.

Soldato
CPU and memory is overclocked (could be that but really cba going through bios tweaking again and definitely couldn't drop to stock clocks as my i5 750 would then be running at 2.8GHz)
GPU is only undervolted, so if the crashes still happen, I'll try reducing this
Temps are all good

It just seems more like something wrong with the game/origin or some software fault as generally if it is a hardware issue, my PC would either blue screen or red screen or just completely freeze.

try setting everything to default and see if it crashes. at least you will know if it is the game or your hardware then bud.

Caporegime
try setting everything to default and see if it crashes. at least you will know if it is the game or your hardware then bud.

True, will see how it goes this weekend with having just done all the origin/bf 1 supposed fixes, if still happens then I'll try putting gpu undervolt to default and if it still happens then I'll just reset my bios to default settings, I dread to imagine what my min. fps will be with 2.8GHz instead of 4GHz CPU though! :( :D :p

Soldato
True, will see how it goes this weekend with having just done all the origin/bf 1 supposed fixes, if still happens then I'll try putting gpu undervolt to default and if it still happens then I'll just reset my bios to default settings, I dread to imagine what my min. fps will be with 2.8GHz instead of 4GHz CPU though! :( :D :p

My previous machine was an i5-760 running at 3.8 with ram at 1440. Had to increase cpu and ram voltage, after that it ran fine in bf1. Also had to set Gpu to reference clock speeds as the slightest overclock above that on Gpu and got crashes to desktop, display not responding etc.

Caporegime
My previous machine was an i5-760 running at 3.8 with ram at 1440. Had to increase cpu and ram voltage, after that it ran fine in bf1. Also had to set Gpu to reference clock speeds as the slightest overclock above that on Gpu and got crashes to desktop, display not responding etc.

Ah nice, will try upping voltage or even dropping down to the speeds you had. What GPU did you have? Mine is the MSI GE 290.

Have you noticed much of a difference between your last setup and ryzen 1700 then for gaming?

Soldato
Ah nice, will try upping voltage or even dropping down to the speeds you had. What GPU did you have? Mine is the MSI GE 290.

Have you noticed much of a difference between your last setup and ryzen 1700 then for gaming?

No worries,

Is was an Msi gaming x280, I think I just got a poor overclocker.

For the i5-760 cpu and ram just read a few guides on the internet and then experimented a bit. Didn’t take long. Max temp in low 60’s C with artic freezer cpu cooler which I attached an extra fan to. Stopped at that point as temps got too high for my liking.

The Ryzen 1700 is much smoother and faster. My fps at 1080p in bf1 is 100-144fps with cpu averaging 30% and temps max normally in high 40’s on stock wraith spire cooler.

Underboss
3rd'd - time go treat yourself to an update bud!

Soundcard is in and with the ATH headphones music sounds brilliant - got a modmic coming tomorrow so will finally be able top retire the Corsair Gaming headset junk!

Caporegime
Nexus u really need to put that pc in the bin..

Dunno how you can play on ancient hardware it's 2017 ffs

Still running great in most games! :D :p

Also, with me planning to jump to either 4k/3440x1440 by the end of this year or next, CPU, MB + RAM won't be the issue, it'll be the GPU grunt so I'll need something 1080ti level!

BF 1 is the first game to really push my CPU big time but I've somewhat overcome it by just dialling up the res scale. Helps that I am still stuck on 60HZ too.....

No worries,

Is was an Msi gaming x280, I think I just got a poor overclocker.

For the i5-760 cpu and ram just read a few guides on the internet and then experimented a bit. Didn’t take long. Max temp in low 60’s C with artic freezer cpu cooler which I attached an extra fan to. Stopped at that point as temps got too high for my liking.

The Ryzen 1700 is much smoother and faster. My fps at 1080p in bf1 is 100-144fps with cpu averaging 30% and temps max normally in high 40’s on stock wraith spire cooler.

Yeah that is what I did and I also created a thread on here for advice about 3 years or so ago and been using the suggested settings ever since, surprised that my system is still going after all these years!

Temps for me don't go above 70 and that is with a gelid tranquillo and akassa apache fan, bit high for my liking but it will do for now :D

Stunning temps etc. there with ryzen 1700, I'll look into new CPU, mobo, ram etc. next month (black friday) or possibly next year, think for me it will be between ryzen 1600 or intel i5 8400, just depends on whatever is regarded as being the most stable/issue free.

Will second this with my 1700 vs an i5. Bf1 is one of the that work really well with ryzen however the platform still has issues i.e. cold booting and in some games you may even get a performance regression.

Yup this is what puts me of ryzen at times, I just want something that works with zero issues and no need to faff about.

3rd'd - time go treat yourself to an update bud!

Soundcard is in and with the ATH headphones music sounds brilliant - got a modmic coming tomorrow so will finally be able top retire the Corsair Gaming headset junk!

haha I know, the amount of money I've saved from humming and harring over these years :D Saying that, I'll be going on a spending spree on black friday. Need/want to get a **** ton of stuff and if there are no good deals then **** it, I'll just have to buy the stuff anyway as can't wait any longer.

Nice one on the SC, BF 1 sounds stunning with a good sound setup.

Will be on about 7/8 tonight.

Caporegime
Yeah I'll be on around the same time but probably mic-less as I want to find the best settings for these cans before the mic comes!

What sound card did you get again?

If asus, I just use these settings (hifi mode selected)

km5HIK7.png

And in game, headphone + stereo

Not exactly the most bass'y or fancy but the audio is untouched i.e. pure with no effects and so great for clarity and positional audio.

Generally SVN shouldn't be ticked from an audio point of view but I can't stand the difference between quiet sounds (such as footsteps) and loud sounds (explosions, gun fire).

Caporegime
Nah Creative SoundBlaster Z. Think I've found some but will need to test them out.

Ah ok. Thought you were going to go with the asus dg one?

If you have a look on the likes of creative reddit etc., generally you will get someone providing good settings.

Back
Top Bottom