*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
Does anyone else have a problem with their origin avatar not appearing in Battlefield when you get a highlight at the end of a match? I just get the country flag on mine, but my avatar appears normally in the BF main menu.

(Also I applied to join the platoon)

Getting huge random stutter only maybe 4 or 5 times during a game due to fps dropping sub 45. I swear BF1 ran much better about 3 patches ago.

Oh, and the quick match option now constantly sends me to US East servers to play on? Was on one over the weekend and the average ping was over 100. My ping of 90 was one of the smallest on the server, as you can imagine not the best experience.

A few gg's again but holy crap I'm sick of watching clueless snipers with no awareness of what is going on. There were 3 snipers on one map sniping across the map, the flag behind them (they were just out the cap zone) had actually been taken and they hadn't even realised! Its one of the few times I wish FF was off.

Soldato
DICE are releasing two of the turning tides maps on CTE tomorrow (Not at the same time I suspect). Untextured for those of you who remember the community map project in bf4.
Anyone interested will have to download CTE obviously (And if you've never applied to play CTE you have to do that in the companion app or on battlefield.com)

Cape helles:

Achi Baba:

New weapons:

(That's my mate Art BTW)

Soldato
Getting huge random stutter only maybe 4 or 5 times during a game due to fps dropping sub 45. I swear BF1 ran much better about 3 patches ago.

Oh, and the quick match option now constantly sends me to US East servers to play on? Was on one over the weekend and the average ping was over 100. My ping of 90 was one of the smallest on the server, as you can imagine not the best experience.

A few gg's again but holy crap I'm sick of watching clueless snipers with no awareness of what is going on. There were 3 snipers on one map sniping across the map, the flag behind them (they were just out the cap zone) had actually been taken and they hadn't even realised! Its one of the few times I wish FF was off.

I remember when CS first came out with FF on it was carnage. One of my mates gave us "covering fire" and dropped 4 of us in a moment.

The best still goes to the commander in BF2142 who took out almost the entire team in one huge team kill with artillery. People were wondering what was going on to begin with.

Underboss
(That's my mate Art BTW)

giphy.gif

Associate
I see premium is 50% off on origin right now, maybe its like that a while?
Anyways would you guys recommend it?
I got bored of base game as mainly thanks to growing bored of weapons and maps.
I see theres a lot more of both with DLC.

Also BF1 is on origin access now, that hardly includes premium?

Associate
What is the point of BF1? I play a reasonable amount but am getting fed up of the never-ending range of weapons that are appearing. As far as I know there were no optically equipped LMGs used in WW1, or any easily carried LMGs at all. And there were also no assault rifles either. Why are we pretending we are in WW1 when in reality we would all be using bolt action Lee Enfields and machine guns that required a two man team to operate.

And as for the number of snipers all over the new maps, well, ffs, get a life and actually do some fighting to help squad/team mates.

Rant over...

Soldato

For the current £19.99 yes I'd definitely recommend it, by the time the DLC cycle is finished the base game will be less than 25% of the content.
I tend to find the base map servers are more likely to have either cheaters or swarms of idiots. The idiots are fine if they're on the other team, but the autobalancer likes to autobalance. There aren't that many maps in the base game either, and lets be honest they're not all gems.
You can get a further discount if you sign up for origin access, but I suspect that a 1 month sub would cost more than the saving (although it would allow you to play many more EA games without buying them while you're subbed). BF1 on OA is base game only.

What is the point of BF1? I play a reasonable amount but am getting fed up of the never-ending range of weapons that are appearing. As far as I know there were no optically equipped LMGs used in WW1, or any easily carried LMGs at all. And there were also no assault rifles either. Why are we pretending we are in WW1 when in reality we would all be using bolt action Lee Enfields and machine guns that required a two man team to operate.

And as for the number of snipers all over the new maps, well, ffs, get a life and actually do some fighting to help squad/team mates.

Rant over...

It's a game, and the point is to win. Blueberries gonna blueberry though.

Associate
Blueberries gonna blueberry though.

I had to google that term - never heard it before, but appropriate though.

"derogitory gaming term for somebody on your team in Battlefield 3 who sucks, is not helpful and is not in your squad. Those in your squad have green icons over their head while others on your team have blue icons over their head.
"Damn blueberry won't give me ammo"
"tell the admin to kick the smurf he just keeps C4-ing the helicoptors!"

Associate

For that price I would definitely recommend it - I picked it up when it was on sale a few weeks ago and it completely freshened up the game for me.

Soldato
That reminds me.

Paging @TonyTurbo78 Premium down to £19.99

It's not just the extra maps that make premium worthwhile, it's the server queue jumping, CTE, DLC weapons, extra free battlepacks, skins, dogtags..

I had to google that term - never heard it before, but appropriate though.

"derogitory gaming term for somebody on your team in Battlefield 3 who sucks, is not helpful and is not in your squad. Those in your squad have green icons over their head while others on your team have blue icons over their head.
"Damn blueberry won't give me ammo"
"tell the admin to kick the smurf he just keeps C4-ing the helicoptors!"

That's why the game is best played with a squad of regulars and TS or Discord. I'm not going to pretend we're always on the same page tactically, but at least we communicate. ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
BF 1 premium is worth it just for the stupidly OP weapons, seems DICE/EA had/wanted to go with making ridiculously good weapons just to pressure people into buying the dlc/premium and server queue jumping is nice to have, no longer stuck in queue's for 10+ minutes!

As for snipers, reason there are so many is because they are by far and away the best class, even up close they are deadly.

Back
Top Bottom