Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I've not played this in a couple of months, would it be worth get Armoured Kill or Aftermath and giving it another whirl? Got fed up of always ending up on Metro...
Of those two expansion packs, given the choice id opt for aftermath. Armored kill seems to have dropped down in popularity a fair bit. The am maps are great fun. Good size, no massive choke points like some of the stock maps. They provide a great experience wether you want to play in vehicles, or are happy enough to go on foot.

Soldato
Of those two expansion packs, given the choice id opt for aftermath. Armored kill seems to have dropped down in popularity a fair bit. The am maps are great fun. Good size, no massive choke points like some of the stock maps. They provide a great experience wether you want to play in vehicles, or are happy enough to go on foot.

Thanks setter, as a fellow BC2 lover I'll take ur advice and get Aftermath :)

I have the UK version of BF3, but I'm currently in Russia so if I want to download the expansion should i buy the UK version using a proxy or will Russian expansion work with the UK game?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thanks setter, as a fellow BC2 lover I'll take ur advice and get Aftermath :)

I have the UK version of BF3, but I'm currently in Russia so if I want to download the expansion should i buy the UK version using a proxy or will Russian expansion work with the UK game?
Id just go with the uk version via proxy. As Wes says, theres some tweak needed for language files when you purchase a russian copy.

Soldato
I can buy the UK version on my work PC (as it goes through our UK VPN) but when it comes to unlocking the expansion should it just be a case of logging in through my origin account (regardless of where I login in the world)? I cant remember but I think that might have been how i originally bought BF3 LE.

I think I already have it installed as I updated 3GB+ on BF3 through origin yesterday.

Associate
Just tried bf3 with all settings on low, except mesh on ultra. Crazy high fps, and people are a lot easier to see. Only in the round for about 10 minutes, managed a k/d rate of 17/11. And thankfully my rather shaky 4.5ghz cpu oc held out ok,:D but still getting banding and lag.

This is exactly what I do. Low settings, 16x AF, Ultra Mesh and FXAA injector at the sharpest it can be (No other settings enabled)
Since doing that, I played MUCH better.

Soldato

I'd agree with that, I've enjoyed Aftermath a lot more than I did Armoured Kill.

If the End Game maps are as good as Aftermath then we should be in for a treat.

Associate
I like your server, play on it a lot but I'm at work so can't help.

On another note, please take out map voting and keep a fixed rotation. Playing sharqi every couple of rounds with hele whoring is annoying! Makes me get my stinger out ;)

Keep up the good work

[RIP] magicoi

Caporegime
I like the bitches love aftermath server, I think It's an ocuk one. Much better than the conquest 24/7 which allows high ping players from America to join.
Both bitches and the cq/247 servers are run by the cq/247 clan.

http://cq247.co.uk/

Regarding a high ping in game, i play on a few us servers, ping is usually 120-140. Normally 50 ono on uk servers. Ive read a lot on bl that a high ping gives you an advantage in this situation. Tbh, ive found a high ping to be a massive disadvantage.

Caporegime
Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesnt.

Ive had situations where i see a bad guy, click fire and he dies almost instantly and i take little to no damage, repeat about 5 times in quick sucession. At this point i check my ping and its usually higher than 15-17 range its usually in. If the ping is much higher and constantly bouncing around then it just shafts my gameplay completely and i just die instantly.

Soldato
I like the bitches love aftermath server, I think It's an ocuk one. Much better than the conquest 24/7 which allows high ping players from America to join.

Both of those servers are run by cq247.co.uk.

I don't know where you got that idea about high ping players from because we don't allow high ping players on either of our servers. The only exception to this would be when there are no admins on to kick them.

Permabanned
Both bitches and the cq/247 servers are run by the cq/247 clan.

http://cq247.co.uk/

Regarding a high ping in game, i play on a few us servers, ping is usually 120-140. Normally 50 ono on uk servers. Ive read a lot on bl that a high ping gives you an advantage in this situation. Tbh, ive found a high ping to be a massive disadvantage.

My point is having a high ping doesn't make you a beast, but it affects other players, as the person with the high ping bullet sponges and rubber bands.

Permabanned
Both of those servers are run by cq247.co.uk.

I don't know where you got that idea about high ping players from because we don't allow high ping players on either of our servers. The only exception to this would be when there are no admins on to kick them.

Must have been an exception that day. Since then I joined the Bitches one and it plays lovely. I even added it to my favs and join it regularly. :D

Edit - I'll see what the Conquest 24/7 is like again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom