Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Apparently DICE have a history of listening to community feedback. Wierd then that they left such things like the Commo Rose out ;) ...... and the commander ....... and MOD tools ......

</moan>

Still, even if it is Battlefield Honor : Bad Company Edition 3, I'll still love it.

Soldato
The controllers not having enough buttons doesn't even make sense anyway, you'd press the one button and select with a stick or the d-pad.

Its not the controller that is the issue it is the fact that consoles appeal to a more casual crowd that spaz out and wont buy a game that has a control system more complex than "push stick to move, press button to kill, pew pew" and have to be told where exactly all the enemies are all the time lest one of them try to sneak up on them and kill them.......or at least that is the developers view.

Soldato
The controllers not having enough buttons doesn't even make sense anyway, you'd press the one button and select with a stick or the d-pad.

Wait, what? It's primarily being made for the PC and transported over to the console, i couldn't give a **** if comrose wouldn't be fit for the consoles, just turn it off when you port it over to them or like you said, use the d-pad.

Associate

Means you have to take your hand off moving. Not the cleverest way of setting something up.

As long as this stays like battlefield I'm happy with or without little bits like the comrose. I hope it's more like BF2, but I won't complain if it ends up more like Bad Company. At least it isn't CoD.

Soldato
Wait, what? It's primarily being made for the PC and transported over to the console, i couldn't give a **** if comrose wouldn't be fit for the consoles, just turn it off when you port it over to them or like you said, use the d-pad.

Yes but they still need to pander to the console/casual market as EA told them they need to beat CoD. That means less complex gameplay/controls and less teamwork required to win.

Honestly **** CoD, **** casual gamers and **** publishing companies not run by people the least bit interested in games.
Listen here publishers, the people who are now casual gamers will soon move on to other things. We are the ones who will be left when they go and all you are doing is leaving a bad taste in our mouths. So when you come crawling to us to buy your games in the future we will say "**** you publisher you sold out" and turn to the Indies and devs/publishers that didn't sell out.

Edit: when I say "**** CoD" I of course mean **** companies trying to emulate it "because that is the only way to make money from games" and **** Activision for running, what was once a decent franchise, into the ground...AGAIN.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes but they still need to pander to the console/casual market as EA told them they need to beat CoD. That means less complex gameplay/controls and less teamwork required to win.

Honestly **** CoD, **** casual gamers and **** publishing companies not run by people the least bit interested in games.
Listen here publishers, the people who are now casual gamers will soon move on to other things. We are the ones who will be left when they go and all you are doing is leaving a bad taste in our mouths. So when you come crawling to us to buy your games in the future we will say "**** you publisher you sold out" and turn to the Indies and devs/publishers that didn't sell out.

Edit: when I say "**** CoD" I of course mean **** companies trying to emulate it "because that is the only way to make money from games" and **** Activision for running, what was once a decent franchise, into the ground...AGAIN.

EA have always been ****s. Just look at the NFS DLC bull****. I've never liked them. It's very rare I buy an EA game that's developed inhouse. Unfortunately they publish for a lot of excellent developers so it's difficult to avoid them altogether.

Soldato
Yet the 'casual' gamers will still buy it. Nice plan.

No I was talking about in the future when the casual gamers have moved on to whatever the next cool thing for hip youngsters to like comes along.

Either way BF3 will be good but there will always be that niggling feeling that it could have been better had DICE still been a PC only developer (but still had the backing of all that EA money).

Last edited:
Associate
This is sometung i need to get involved in . Does anyone know roughly when over -clockers bring out a gaining system aimed at games like bf3 .as I have lost touch of the pc market as been on xbox for the last 6 years .what kind of budget would I need ?I am starting from scratch so don't even have monitor s or mouse etc .

Associate
No I was talking about in the future when the casual gamers have moved on to whatever the next cool thing for hip youngsters to like comes along.

Casual gamers ain't all young folk though. In fact I'd reckon the majority could well be adults who just don't have the time to commit to gaming any more due having a family and such now. If anything I think the casual market will continue to expand as times goes on. It definitely isn't a fad that's going to go away over night.

Soldato
Casual gamers ain't all young folk though. In fact I'd reckon the majority could well be adults who just don't have the time to commit to gaming any more due having a family and such now. If anything I think the casual market will continue to expand as times goes on. It definitely isn't a fad that's going to go away over night.

Damn.

Soldato
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

NO IT WONT BE

The PC is the lead platform, hence the Dx10/11 only. Hhow many times do people need to be told this?

lead platform doesnt mean squat.
they are still tailoring this to the console crowd regardless of how fancy they can get it to look on pc.
I'm not expecting a full menu system at all - because DICE are plebs of the highest order

Soldato
Even though there is no commander,do you guys think it will be put in some sort of way through DLC,i remember well going in the hunt for the other teams commander to get the knife kill lol,there wasnt that many places he could hide without finding him with ease once the UAV got him lol

Soldato
Even though there is no commander,do you guys think it will be put in some sort of way through DLC,i remember well going in the hunt for the other teams commander to get the knife kill lol,there wasnt that many places he could hide without finding him with ease once the UAV got him lol

I swear to ******* god they better not add commander as DLC, the rage DICE will get will be unbearable, i don't think they're that stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom