Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I'd love it if they made the comm rose not take up a huge chunk of the screen right where your crosshair is.

Why not just use hotkeys for the important ones? It's not like the BF games allow you to carry enough weapons to make you run out of spare keys near WASD.

Man of Honour
Yeah my latest Mobo has HD Sound, which goes through my surround sound system. Including my GTX460 i brought nearly a year ago iv'e spent just under £400. Tbh i didn't want my new spec just to run BF3 but be able to use for next gen games, but with technology moving fast consoles are becoming very outdated i can see my current spec being minimum by the end of next year.

I doubt you'll need to upgrade to be honest...unless you're the sort of person that wants to be able to run everything at max with high levels of AA/etc. Doesn't sound like you are, though :)

Associate
Am I the only one who disliked there being this god like being who could see every move or flanking trick your team was trying to do? Hated commander mode.

Desert Combat is my favourite Battlefield game. Mix that up with the best aspects of bc2 and I'm a very happy gamer.

I do hope the full menu is implemented though.

Last edited:
Associate
>2011
>Using arrow keys in an FPS game

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

Been using arrow keys since duke nukem 3d and before! I'm still able to keep up with you young 'uns. Only problem using arrow keys is it does this wierd keyboard overload sometimes where if you press too many at the same time it ignores the last key you held until you let go of something else. Made sprinting and strafing hard (not an issue in bc2 tho since you can't actually do that!).

Man of Honour
Been using arrow keys since duke nukem 3d and before! I'm still able to keep up with you young 'uns. Only problem using arrow keys is it does this wierd keyboard overload sometimes where if you press too many at the same time it ignores the last key you held until you let go of something else. Made sprinting and strafing hard (not an issue in bc2 tho since you can't actually do that!).

I grew up using arrow keys too. It's worth the effort/pain to move away to WASD though :)

Associate
Lots of cry babies on here:

"IT SNOT EXACTURLY HOW I WANTS IT TO BE!!!! IT'S FAIL GAMEZ!11! OMG CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!111!!

Boo sodding hoo.

Most people here will buy it and play. If you don't buy it and play it, you won't be missed. I'll probably also buy COD, because I can (I don't have to rely on mummy buying it for me) and because I'm not a raging fan-boy cry baby.

If I do like it, I will probably play it occasionally whilst maintaining healthy relationships with other human beings and also holding down a job. If I don't like it, I'll probably just find something else to do. Seems like a fairly non-catastrophic situation.

Bear in mind that I may be able to maintain this kind of balanced approach to computer games because none of the following apply to me:

I don't have a BF3 desktop background;
I don't have a BF3 related signature on a computer gaming website forum;
I don't own a BF3 t-shirt;
I am not an uber BF2/BC2 stats narcissist;
My online "friends" will not disown me for buying COD

Soldato
Anyone here who purchased Medal of Honor Limited Edition have received a news letter regarding BF3 beta key, just realised I own a copy

Associate
Anyone here who purchased Medal of Honor Limited Edition have received a news letter regarding BF3 beta key, just realised I own a copy

Got an email confirming beta participation on the 20th of July, no key or anything just informing me that the beta would be up in September and an invite would be forthcoming.

Associate
Just bought it on origin since BF3 and Star wars ToR will most my time spent on them for a good while. I wasn't a big fan of origin at first but it's not that bad.

As raven posted about the graphics, I wasn't impressed by them to much in the alpha, a lot of stuff was missing. But im sure by the time the beta rolls out we shall see its true beauty :D

Soldato
@AndyT Don't waste your time posting mate, unless you're arguing about 3d spotting, the commo rose, the pc version potentially being a bad console port or something else that has been covered again and again and again since this thread started you'll be completely ignored.

You should think about getting a battlefield sig though, i mean COME ON!!

Soldato

I think it's actually ur keyboard that is limiting the number of keys u can press simulatenously, not using the arrow keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom