Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
People will throw figures at you like £500 for a full gaming system but in reality you'll need twice that.

No you don't.

lead platform doesnt mean squat.
they are still tailoring this to the console crowd regardless of how fancy they can get it to look on pc.
I'm not expecting a full menu system at all - because DICE are plebs of the highest order
If there's an example of an intelligent PC gamer then....

Soldato
WTF no commander? not sure why they take things away that make the game great,
if they really want to compete with COD then use the ****ty bad company or medal of honour series to do that, and stop screwing with battlefield.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Okay, looking at a Sandy Bridge build here.

Thinking of i7 2600k, 8Gb DDR3, GTX 580 (if I can stretch it) with a 120gb SSD to compliment. Hopefully OC'ed it should run at my native resolution of 1920x1200 on max.......

It bloody better anyway haha.

Soldato
All valid points. Lead platform it maybe from a technical point, it's anything but the lead in gameplay features and mechanics so far. The beta will reveal a lot in how far the PC title has been influenced by consoles in the gameplay stakes. Things like how the jets and choppers fly, if they come with auto-leveling like BC2 well that's just not PC now is it, and if there is unlimited burst-fire on all amour, unlimited ammo is noob IMO. And I expect to see the comrose as an alternative to that inept console feature the social key, we shall see.

They are considering it lol.

Below are a couple of fan made mocups of how the comrose could look in BF3.

11111el.jpg

:p
9999h.jpg

Those pics look absolutely stunning nether seen any FPS game as realistic as this, it actually looks like your in a middle eastern country. I Cant wait till this is out.

Soldato
Okay, looking at a Sandy Bridge build here.

Thinking of i7 2600k, 8Gb DDR3, GTX 580 (if I can stretch it) with a 120gb SSD to compliment. Hopefully OC'ed it should run at my native resolution of 1920x1200 on max.......

It bloody better anyway haha.

Same. I'd like to think a clocked 2600k and GTX580 could max it at 1920x1200...

Are there any official specs anywhere yet?

Soldato
No you don't.

If there's an example of an intelligent PC gamer then....

Tombo, Im sorry you have your heads in the clouds.

I guess it doesn't take much these days. you really think this game will have half the features that were standard in bf2? NO....why because DICE want to make this as fast paced and run and gun as possible with little to none tactical flaffing around.

Man of Honour
As above. This needs to be a gaming system as well so no onboard sound / 17" monitor.

Onboard sound is fine for games these days. Agree with you /re the monitor though.

At a push you could build a PC that could do BF3 for that kind of price. I strongly suspect it'd go over £500 though, unless you opted for a few second hand parts.

Soldato
Onboard sound is fine for games these days. Agree with you /re the monitor though.

At a push you could build a PC that could do BF3 for that kind of price. I strongly suspect it'd go over £500 though, unless you opted for a few second hand parts.

Yeah my latest Mobo has HD Sound, which goes through my surround sound system. Including my GTX460 i brought nearly a year ago iv'e spent just under £400. Tbh i didn't want my new spec just to run BF3 but be able to use for next gen games, but with technology moving fast consoles are becoming very outdated i can see my current spec being minimum by the end of next year.

Permabanned
Out of curiosity, what's the damage modelling system like? Do guns have impact? Blood? Dismemberment?

P.s Does the game remind anyone of Ghost Recon, or is just me? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom