Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It wouldnt suprise me if some code from the original frostbite is still in there, source still has some code in it from the quake engine despite the fact its been rebuilt and overhauled several times.

Wouldn't surprise me either but the lighting, destruction, animation and other key areas aren't from 1.5 as in copy pasta, they were built for BF3 exclusively (apparently).

Art direction will always looks the same on character models due to the nature of it in real-life. They're soldiers of the US/russian army, it's going to look similar on all games.

It's the environments and the size of the maps and whatever detail put into those maps that will set this game apart from the competition. (personal opinion)

Soldato
When they say soldiers only stay spotted as long as they remain in LOS...are they talking about the person who has spotted them LOS, or everyone elses LOS?

...because if it's dependant on the person who is doing the spotting to keep them in their LOS, then it's still essentially a wallhack for the rest of the team.

Associate
Would I look cool travelling to work via the tube with this?

razer-bf3-bag.jpg

Soldato
Watched the trailer again tonight. Damm this game is going to be fun. COD just looks rubbish.

EDIT: Any news on the start date for the beta guys?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom