Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im guessing thats just because its a single player clip so the maps will be more closed. With 64 players the maps should be huge on multiplayer.

There was one map on BF:2 that was city based and quite cramped but it was rather a cool map. I prefer those types of maps over wide open spaced maps, promotes more infantry based gameplay over air vehicles, it's what i will be sticking to.

Well looking at crysis 2 I hope Dice are not under the influence of EA to get a console influenced game out on the PC, single player footage is lame, this is what the console players want to see, PC games don't care about a story driven single player which has no place in a true BF PC title, we want some multiplayer action and some kind of evidence this will not be another dumbed down console title on PC.

it looks good.......but its all about the vehicles for me.

if there is like 8 vehicles to use then the MP will suck.

what i liked about BF2 was just how many vehicles and roles you could play.......thats what made it great in my eyes.

Well looking at crysis 2 I hope Dice are not under the influence of EA to get a console influenced game out on the PC, single player footage is lame, this is what the console players want to see, PC games don't care about a story driven single player which has no place in a true BF PC title, we want some multiplayer action and some kind of evidence this will not be another dumbed down console title on PC.

This game was built for the pc and ported over to the consoles, so I would expect to see something special from it.

story driven single player fps started on PC with half life. why cant we not have both good single player and multiplayer? Lots of people care about a campaign.

I dont think EA had anything to do with the new direction of Crysis 2. Crytek made all the decisions as they were bitching about sales and pirates long before they joined EA. On the other hand, Dice did an experiment with bc2 to see if pc gamers will still buy their games. BC2 sold very well on pc and now we are being rewarded.

That's false saying single player footage is what console players want, there has been many, many single player PC games over the years that have proven to be fantastic as well as the multiplayer, both can co-exist.

Looks really good, before i seen that vid i thought i wouldnt bother playing the sp and jum straight into the mp.
Looks like ill play the sp first complete it then jump on the mp.

That's false saying single player footage is what console players want, there has been many, many single player PC games over the years that have proven to be fantastic as well as the multiplayer, both can co-exist.

There has never been a story driven single player mode in a BF game except that BF wannabe BC2, it take resources away from the development of the mulitplayer element of the game, single player last a good few hours and that's it. Players on PC will probably not even bother with it and jump straight in to multi action. Sorry to say but BF3 could be heading down the same path as crysis 2 in being a console port but slightly optimized for the PC.

There has never been a story driven single player mode in a BF game except that BF wannabe BC2, it take resources away from the development of the mulitplayer element of the game, single player last a good few hours and that's it. Players on PC will probably not even bother with it and jump straight in to multi action. Sorry to say but BF3 could be heading down the same path as crysis 2 in being a console port but slightly optimized for the PC.

Oh right, for BF, multiplayer maybe should be the only thing in the game, as the BF:BC2 campaign was pants, although they could learn from past experiences to make it even better.

Last edited:

i dont think dice with ea backing them up has any sort of lack of resources. they can do whatever they want. BC2 is a great game and far superior to the outdated bf2. if bf3 improves on bc2 most people will be happy.

Just finished watchign that video and I think it looks top notch!!!! Granted its only SP and I'll be jumping straight into the MP no doubt but parts of that looks like you are watching a movie!!!
Am I right in thinking you will be able to drag downed team mates to safety?? Oh man, medic class just got even more fun :P

i dont think dice with ea backing them up has any sort of lack of resources. they can do whatever they want. BC2 is a great game and far superior to the outdated bf2. if bf3 improves on bc2 most people will be happy.

Superior to BF2 lol, that's a casual gamer talking right there, BC2 is not even in the same league as BF2. BF3 is suppose to be the true sequel to BF2 not BC2 with its tiny maps, limited vehicles, limited player count and crap squad play, spray and pray style gameplay that is very console like on PC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom