Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watchign that video and I think it looks top notch!!!! Granted its only SP and I'll be jumping straight into the MP no doubt but parts of that looks like you are watching a movie!!!
Am I right in thinking you will be able to drag downed team mates to safety?? Oh man, medic class just got even more fun :P

Correct:D

Superior to BF2 lol, that's a casual gamer talking right there, BC2 is not even in the same league as BF2. BF3 is suppose to be the true sequel to BF2 not BC2 with its tiny maps, limited vehicles, limited player count and crap squad play, spray and pray style gameplay that is very console like on PC.

better than dive and pray. come on bf2 looks like joke these days and thats why most bf fans switched to bc2 and numbers prove that.

Superior to BF2 lol, that's a casual gamer talking right there, BC2 is not even in the same league as BF2. BF3 is suppose to be the true sequel to BF2 not BC2 with its tiny maps, limited vehicles, limited player count and crap squad play, spray and pray style gameplay that is very console like on PC.

I wouldn't say it has tiny maps, they're big enough for the vehicle limit and the player count, and the squad play depends on whether you team up with people you know, and spray and pray style shooting doesn't work in BF:BC2 as the recoil is fully against you as well as the flash generated from firing a weapon, rapidly tapping your mouse for a more quickly controlled burst is the only way to successfully kill someone.

i dont think dice with ea backing them up has any sort of lack of resources. they can do whatever they want. BC2 is a great game and far superior to the outdated bf2. if bf3 improves on bc2 most people will be happy.

In your opinion. Most I would have thought who have played BF2 would say the exact opposite. Played 1500hrs of BF2 (slightly sad I know but there you go) compared to 80hrs of BC2 before I got bored of it.

In my opinion the further away this game is to BC2 the better.

better than dive and pray. come on bf2 looks like joke these days and thats why most bf fans switched to bc2 and numbers prove that.

lol BF2 a six year old title still pulls in over 10k players every night, BC2 has been out less than a year and already it's down to 30k at peak. You cant compare BC2 to BF2, totally different game experience, BC2 is basically noob gameplay optimized for consoles, BF2 is a pure PC title that actually takes skill to master and has 100% better team/squad play, don't even compare BF2 to BC2, it's crazy to do so, BF2 wins every time

lol BF2 a six year old title still pulls in over 10k players every night, BC2 has been out less than a year and already it's down to 30k at peak. You cant compare BC2 to BF2, totally different game experience, BC2 is basically noob gameplay optimized for consoles, BF2 is a pure PC title that actually takes skill to master and has 100% better team/squad play, don't even compare BF2 to BC2, it's crazy to do so, BF2 wins every time

Utter crap. When it comes to infantry combat bc2 wins hands down over BF2. Obviously BF2 had the better vehicle combat.

more people would play it then if its superior in every way. pc gamers dont care about how old a game is, they only care about quality thats why cod4 has more players than mw2 or blackops, same for unreal2k4 and unreal tournament 3, same for counter strike and counter strike source. pc gamers stick with the better game no matter what. sorry but bc2>>>>bf2

BF2 6 year old = 10 k player every night, BC2 less than a year old 30k players, your logic fails, give it another year and BC2 will be dead, look at all the BF wannabes that have come and gone since BF2 came out, yet BF2 still pulls in the players. People that prefer BC2 just couldn't handle the challenge that is BF2, they prefer the dumbed down easy console style gameplay aka casual gamer.

@ Gerard, don't give me lessons on what a BF game is like, BF2 it takes skill to aim and take down your enemy, BC2 is spay and pray in a small playing area, it's COD with limited vehicles, hell you can snipe players across the map with light machine guns that's how dumbed down it is.

Here sums up BC2 perfectly.

http://megaswf.com/serve/1029692

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...wanted-bad-company-spotting-i-would-just.html

Last edited:
BF2 6 year old = 10 k player every night, BC2 less than a year old 30k players, your logic fails, give it another year and BC2 will be dead, look at all the BF wannabes that have come and gone since BF2 came out, yet BF2 still pulls in the players. People that prefer BC2 just couldn't handle the challenge that is BF2, they prefer the dumbed down easy console style gameplay aka casual gamer.

The "challenge" that is BF2? LOL

Stevie Wonder could tell you that the infantry combat in BC2 is superior to the infantry combat of BF2. The main reason BF2 still has loads of players is it has more maps and more variety than BC2. The Vehicle combat in BF2 isn't as nerfed as it is in BC2 but at the same time infantry combat in BF2 was a joke, random as hell weapons, dolphin diving that took them ages to get fixed.

If Bf3 merges the best of both worlds then everyones a winner.

@ Gerard, don't give me lessons on what a BF game is like, BF2 it takes skill to aim and take down your enemy, BC2 is spay and pray in a small playing area, it's COD with limited vehicles, hell you can snipe players across the map with light machine guns that's how dumbed down it is.

Here sums up BC2 perfectly.

http://megaswf.com/serve/1029692

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...wanted-bad-company-spotting-i-would-just.html

BFBC2 has been one of the most successful multiplayer FPS games in quite some time and has maintained a higher playerbase than a lot of other cacky FPS games that have come and gone in the meantime (such as the various CoD iterations).

I can see how you might prefer BF2 though as someone that played it a lot when it first came out I personally really can't get back into it these days... Either way, the unnatural hatred of BFBC2 doesn't make much sense and really just makes you look like you're ranting for the hell of it. Have you even played BFBC2 online decently? It's an awesome game if you accept it for what it is - somewhere between arcadey and realism...(much closer to the arcadey part, of course). Even so, the game rewards tactical play massively and it's extremely far from a mindless run and gun game.

“We're super proud of the game. The Frostbite 2 technology is reinventing the category, and the Battlefield brand has its own persona and positioning, the multiplayer and squads … The combination of the brand and the technology and the quality of the DICE game is what we wanted to show tonight. We wanted to show unadulterated gameplay and show it for a long time, in February, and because we don't ship until the Fall it means we have a long time to polish it and make it extremely high quality," Gibeau commented to IndustryGamers. "It's what we've been trying to do in the EA Games label over the last couple years – get our mojo back in terms of quality and great IPs. For me, this is a great example of investments we've been making in technology, team culture and getting the talent in place to make world beating games."

He added, "We're going to own what we do because we're going to leapfrog the category by introducing a whole new set of technology that's brand-new. The Frostbite 2 technology is going to help us do things in games and shooters that haven't been done before and will be tough for [the competition] to match."

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/ea-battlefield-3-tech-will-reinvent-shooter-category/

The Vehicle combat in BF2 isn't as nerfed as it is in BC2 but at the same time infantry combat in BF2 was a joke, random as hell weapons, dolphin diving that took them ages to get fixed.

You you should have really learned how to fire BF2 weapons, you would have enjoyed it greatly if you did ;) no spray and pray casual gamer will get far in BF2 infantry, I make kills for fun.

the first mp image?
vquQD.jpg

They only showing single player and that looks like single player.

the bf2 vs. bc2 argument is tired and pointless...

fps purists and competitive gamers will go for bf2 for a myriad number of reasons and the casual public-star or weekend-warrior will muchly favour the improvements and simplifications made in bc2. bf2 was excellently well suited to all sorts of league play, and the intense community that bred meant people could easily ignore or turn a blind-eye to its bugs and shortcomings. bc2 simplifies all that and gives a much more easy and seamless gaming experience.... but there's just not much 'there', behind all the pretty explosions and new engine features. bc2 doesn't really have a skill ceiling and the weapons/kits take hardly any time to get good with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom