Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raven it's bound to be rubbish. As i imagine you'e no doubt reliable source has told you already. Why don't you just remove your BF3 signature and leave this thread for people who are genuinely interested in this game.

And just because you thought BC2 is rubbish doesn't mean everyone else does. For the record i thought BF2 sucked ****s, infantry combat was rubbish, the blackhawks were stupidly overpowered and you'd spend half your time racing around the massive maps capping points with no-one from the opposite team in sight.

BF2142 was far better in my opinion. Most of people i see complaining about BC2 on the electronic arts forums all have over 500 hours play and moan about things that really aren't game breaking in any way...because i imgaine they have nothing better to do.

BF2 can be fun, until you realise it's mostly filled with prone diving.

Yawn, that alone makes BC2 better.

kind of nice to have the options to prone at all though, eh? ;) . bc2 reduces all the finer aspects and nuances of fps gameplay down to the dead-basic essentials... the essentials mandated by the layout and functionality of a console controller, no less. there is no real reason to remove prone (or, in the CoD equivalent, peeking)-- it just devolves the gameplay to an even simpler level of mindless spray and spam.

kind of nice to have the options to prone at all though, eh? ;) . bc2 reduces all the finer aspects and nuances of fps gameplay down to the dead-basic essentials... the essentials mandated by the layout and functionality of a console controller, no less. there is no real reason to remove prone (or, in the CoD equivalent, peeking)-- it just devolves the gameplay to an even simpler level of mindless spray and spam.

Guy speaks the truth, BC2 is for the casual gamer and that's fine, I prefer a challenging game that does not feed me kills on a spoon.

BF2 was great fun and a superb game in the series, but it lacked certain qualities and never really had that finished touch to it that BC2 does. The environment limitations in regards to boundaries are what BF2 lack - bigger desert maps were a safe haven for stat padding buddies and players who fancied ruining the game by taking the tank for an offroad adventure.

BF2 was great fun and a superb game in the series, but it lacked certain qualities and never really had that finished touch to it that BC2 does. The environment limitations in regards to boundaries are what BF2 lack - bigger desert maps were a safe haven for stat padding buddies and players who fancied ruining the game by taking the tank for an offroad adventure.

In the polished side of things you are comparing bc2 to a 5 year old game?

lol BF2 a six year old title still pulls in over 10k players every night, BC2 has been out less than a year and already it's down to 30k at peak. You cant compare BC2 to BF2, totally different game experience, BC2 is basically noob gameplay optimized for consoles, BF2 is a pure PC title that actually takes skill to master and has 100% better team/squad play, don't even compare BF2 to BC2, it's crazy to do so, BF2 wins every time

Well said. You know your stuff. :)

Video looks great from a graphics point of view.

Dunno if its been noticed/posted already but the squad seemed to be bigger than 4 (which is good :D)

And on the HUD it looked like a fire selector on the right side of the ammo count.

Lol at raven going on like you have to be some hardcore to appreciate Bf2 the infantry play was dire to be honest mate. Running press jump and prone and double tap your AK and heavy assault every time you saw a rock move. (I was a fully fledge dolphin diving *****, before you say no skill learn how to play the game.)

And that's coming from some who played it to death and worked on the game, in a couple of shapes and forms.
The best Battlefiled game full stop was desert combat. BC2, bf2, neither come close to the quality or skill level involved in that game pure class.

Thats the game I want Bf3 to be like, Bf2 and Bc2 can suck my mom.

Last edited:
BF2 can be fun, until you realise it's mostly filled with prone diving.

Yawn, that alone makes BC2 better.

I've never played BF2 but I have recently watched some youtube vids and there is a LOT of prone diving in all of them. I thought BC2 was a breath of fresh air by not including the ability to go prone. It got rid of the ridiculous COD style dolphin diving.

I really do hope that the new prone feature in BF3 doesn't ruin the mechanics of the game as it is currently shaping up to be an awesome title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom