Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Caporegime
As Neil has said, it's quite sporadic. Before this evening the last time i played was on sunday. Same server tonight and reg was woeful, on sunday it was spot on. Aside from this and the few server crashes the game is running very well for me. Should go even better once ive got my cpu/gpu oc's back in place.

Man of Honour
Never got on with dxtory and need AB to work so it doesn't impact game performance - this setup chugs a bit with the game as it is.

This was hardcore

Some custom hardcore servers have hit markers on - IMO it makes it far more fun with the feedback and also means you can better adjust to make sure its not just your aim thats off and/or disengage and find cover rather than keep trying to shoot something your shots simply aren't registering on.

Last edited:
Soldato
i knew a lot of bf4 issues are ram related: i only started ghetting issue since R7 server update.

evidence below so bf4 was using 99% of my ram. (check in task manager)
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5949/j2pf.jpg[IMG]
after closing BF4 Origin decided to 40%+ ram.
[IMG]http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/3237/n9r1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="oddjob62, post: 25294851"]are you using win7 compatibility mode? worked for me.[/QUOTE]

Quite an odd issue. Running on 8.1 without touching any such settings and mine runs fine:

Typical usage during BF4 for me.

[SPOILER][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img35/1698/ay8f.png[/SPOILER]

Soldato
211mhlg.jpg

Best so far

Caporegime
Quite an odd issue. Running on 8.1 without touching any such settings and mine runs fine:

ay8f.png
Pretty decent cpu scaling there Rossi. Highest ive seen for ram usage was 5.7gb on my old samsung green 1600mhz kit. Will be interesting to see what/if any difference a change to 2400mhz ram does in this game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pretty decent cpu scaling there Rossi. Highest ive seen for ram usage was 5.7gb on my old samsung green 1600mhz kit. Will be interesting to see what/if any difference a change to 2400mhz ram does in this game.

I've ran my Samsung Green at 2133 8Cas and 2333MHz 9Cas and it never made any noticeable difference.

Associate
This was hardcore

Happened again, guy just ran in front of em and I was doing SHORT bursts at his head. He went prone right in front of me as well and I ended up getting a kill assist!

Not just that I'm getting killed around corners by up to 2secs. It was great last night, yet tonight BAD :mad:

But it's so sporadic too, one night awesome and next night not

Didn't you have this problem with the last 2 battlefields? Maybe you're just a bit rubbish at it?

Caporegime
Op firestorm, pretty decent conquest map.
Caspian border, probably my favourite map from bf3.
Metro, doesnt belong in a bf game.
Gulf of oman, should have been killed off after bf2.

Personally id like to see a few maps from bfbc2 brought back. In particular heavy metal and the jungle set one, cant remember the name just now.

Soldato
No way?! A rehash of mostly crap maps from only 2 years ago?! This is ridiculous. Very disappointing.

Well you're in the minority there. Those maps are very popular hence the reason they have been chosen.

What's 2 years go to do with it? Having maps from a previous game put into a new game is hardly a new concept.

Soldato
No way?! A rehash of mostly crap maps from only 2 years ago?! This is ridiculous. Very disappointing.

So DICE just selected the least popular BF3 maps and thought "Oh I am sure the new Frostbite engine will make people love these maps" without any consideration at all?

I'm sure they went into a neat little spreadsheet that listed the most played maps.

Soldato

Seems to be quite common, at least I've heard of several people getting it. Seems to be Win8 + AMD card related. When you see 24gigs of memory maxed out after a few minutes of playing the game you know something is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom