Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

So, I eventually managed to unlock the UCAV, and boy I wish I hadn't bothered.
It sucks, really sucks. It can only fly for about 5-10 seconds and it handles terribly.
I was looking forward to having some fun trying to chase people down for kills with it, but that's not going to happen.

Currently overseas with little chance to play BF4 in the next few months. Reading the comments on here it appears that:
  • The DLC is crap
  • Crashes have got worse

New maps are terrible from what i've played (not much...) Played 2 rounds on the desert map and the one with the research Facility in the middle?

Both are plagued with way to many vehicles. Spawned 3 times in a tank and got insta killed by 3 of their tanks straight out of my base. Seems the only viable class to play is engineer on these maps :(

Still too play the jungle maps but the 2 I played are just god aweful

thought id complete campaign man what a dross single player. 6/10.

only did it for the guns lol.

i'm sure they spent ages on the single player when no one really cares about it.

i tried it once and it crashed near the end of the first mission.
haven't tried since cos the low FOV makes me feel sick.

i think that's only there to give the reviewers something to play and to make a great advert

So, I eventually managed to unlock the UCAV, and boy I wish I hadn't bothered.
It sucks, really sucks. It can only fly for about 5-10 seconds and it handles terribly.
I was looking forward to having some fun trying to chase people down for kills with it, but that's not going to happen.

I like them, I destroyed a LAV with one earlier, no idea what HP it had though.

does anyone elses game take longer to exit than it does to load a map lol?

Yes.

I'm still waiting for a tdm map like Noshar , that was pure brilliance. Something for everyone (snipers,lmg bipod pros , shotguns aplenty in the containers etc). Not one map yet where you can that variety in such a small space map. Very disappointing really. Although I did like the new Silk road for tdm its nowhere near Nosehair.

Note I only play TDM.

I hated Noshar, I would actively avoid that map. It was so boring.

I think the hitreg has vastly improved in this game since release, I'm actually hitting stuff now.
There is still the issue of being shot around the corner and bullets not hitting though this seems to depend on the server.
Maps still feel small, spawns are still really bad. Spawning and being insta killed is not pleasant.

I'm not impressed with China rising TDM, the initial spawn seems to favour one side and the maps also seem to be more camper biased.

I've definitely had to change my playstyle with bf4.
In BF3 it felt as if bullets were coming out of my gun and were making an impact on the enemy, it doesn't feel that way in bf4.
You can't run around much either, you have to watch every corner for campers.
No more holding down the fire button even if you can control the recoil either, you can stand next to someone and hold fire and half the bullets would miss. Burst is the way to go.

edit: I'm also getting a lot more "Could not connect to server" errors since the latest patch.

Last edited:
sound loop crash again :rolleyes:

I did wonder where you got to, I even asked Dodge what happened, we were all playing dog poo railway TDM!! (And me and you were top of the pops or there abouts)

Quite surprisingly I didn't crash last night a single time. Have you tried lowering your settings a bit Nexus it might be a cpu stability issue thing. Did it say "BF4 has stopped working" or was it a "BSOD" or even the classic display driver has stopped fault?

I got my arse handed to me in the maps with loads of vehicles. Tank pros, snipers everywhere, halo+aeroplane pro's en mass wipe out infantry with ease. (I didnt stay a chance) How many damn rpg's to take out a tank FFS, I hit a tank three times, twice side on and once up the arse it it was still alive BS.

I like the maps so far but only get an enjoyable experience on Gullies Peaks and Dragon. The other two maps are bested suited to vehicle whores. :)

CR definately a good freebee

Note I only play TDM.

I hated Noshar, I would actively avoid that map. It was so boring.

I think the hitreg has vastly improved in this game since release, I'm actually hitting stuff now.
There is still the issue of being shot around the corner and bullets not hitting though this seems to depend on the server.
Maps still feel small, spawns are still really bad. Spawning and being insta killed is not pleasant.

I'm not impressed with China rising TDM, the initial spawn seems to favour one side and the maps also seem to be more camper biased.

I've definitely had to change my playstyle with bf4.
In BF3 it felt as if bullets were coming out of my gun and were making an impact on the enemy, it doesn't feel that way in bf4.
You can't run around much either, you have to watch every corner for campers.
No more holding down the fire button even if you can control the recoil either, you can stand next to someone and hold fire and half the bullets would miss. Burst is the way to go.

edit: I'm also getting a lot more "Could not connect to server" errors since the latest patch.

I only used to play TDM on BF3 and agree with your comments. Campers though? On TDM? Never :p

I'm still waiting for a tdm map like Noshar , that was pure brilliance. Something for everyone (snipers,lmg bipod pros , shotguns aplenty in the containers etc). Not one map yet where you can that variety in such a small space map. Very disappointing really. Although I did like the new Silk road for tdm its nowhere near Nosehair.

Man Telah Market was TDM brilliance for me. I loved that map so much.:)

Back
Top Bottom