Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Had a game of BF2 last night there were only 2 populated servers. Forgot about people diving to the floor every time you engaged them. Glad they cant do that in BF3.

The old Dolphin Diving bs, that basically put me off ever using infantry as more often than not they somehow would win most fire fights. Plus I thought the infantry combat was a bit random with the gunplay being a bit "meh", just didn't feel right to me.

I remember at one point seeing a vid of the top player In the world at the time playing bf2 and he never ran, all he did was dolphin dive from one end of the map to the other chucking med packs all around.

I own in a tank.;)

I wish they had Tank only servers. Its the only reason I play to be honest.

That would be terrible.

Tank play is horribly lame. People play conservatively, hiding behind buildings moving backwards and forwards spamming shells non-stop.

Whoever has the most people repairing wins.

I really really hope Battlefield 4 changes tanks completely. Make them easier to kill but more potent, with the ammo changes to stop nonstop spamming it might make things a little better.

Nothing more annoying than firing 7-8 RPGs into a tank and it's still moving along. Hell, I put SEVEN RPGs into a jeep that did not die because it had ONE SINGLE ENGINEER spam repairing it.

That would be terrible.

Tank play is horribly lame. People play conservatively, hiding behind buildings moving backwards and forwards spamming shells non-stop.

I really really hope Battlefield 4 changes tanks completely. Make them easier to kill but more potent, with the ammo changes to stop nonstop spamming it might make things a little better.

Nothing more annoying than firing 7-8 RPGs into a tank and it's still moving along. Hell, I put SEVEN RPGs into a jeep that did not die because it had ONE SINGLE ENGINEER spam repairing it.

I aggressively cap flags in a Tank I never camp as I find that's a waste of a Tank and it ****es me off no end when I haven't got a Tank and somebody is camping in it.

More often than not I do my own repairing.

Find it odd that you say you fired 7 RPG'S into a Jeep and didn't get the kill on account of it being repaired . lol Surely splash damage would have done something.

I think it takes around 3 RPG'S to take out a tank maybe 2 if its hit from behind.

The old Dolphin Diving bs, that basically put me off ever using infantry as more often than not they somehow would win most fire fights. Plus I thought the infantry combat was a bit random with the gunplay being a bit "meh", just didn't feel right to me.

I remember at one point seeing a vid of the top player In the world at the time playing bf2 and he never ran, all he did was dolphin dive from one end of the map to the other chucking med packs all around.

To be honest when I see a Dolphin Diver it just looks pathetic and skill'less.

Hell, I put SEVEN RPGs into a jeep that did not die because it had ONE SINGLE ENGINEER spam repairing it.

Surely the answer there is to nerf the repair tool? If you make the tanks weaker they'll just be even more vulnerable to air.

Graphics Cards

Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been asked already but there are quite a few pages to go through.

Are there any thoughts on what cards will run this comfortably on max settings, without buying the top end stuff?

Thanks
Spawnsy
:)

Came across that last night, some decent gameplay and an overview of some of the options for classes in action. RPG rockets seem to fly a bit faster than in BF3, overall movement speed of the soldiers seems to be a little bit faster as well. Also seems its possible for 2 players in the water to knife each other, happens around the 34 minute mark :)

they should limit the amount of times any vehicle can be repaired.

Or better, limit the amount of engineers that can be repairing it at the same time. Seen plenty of tank battle with 2 or more engineers repairing tanks and it became comical with neither side winning and eventually just buggering off to find someone else to shoot.

Last edited:
I would balance tanks by making it whenever a tank takes a hit from an rpg or similar, both the occupants also lose some health, which can only be healed by getting out of the tank, both on softcore and hardcore. This would simulate what happens when a tank is hit by an rpg, i.e. scrapnel pinging around the inside of the tank.

On softcore it would regenerate normally, on hardcore a medic would have to be on hand. That way, you could pepper a tank with RPGs and eventually either the tank or one or both of the occupants would die. The key thing is they have to get out of the tank to heal. It would obviously have to take more rpgs to kill the occupants just by accumulated shrapnel damage compared to that required to outright destroy a tank on its own.

It would also make it an incentive to have a medic as a passenger on hardcore servers, rather than just two engineers, as without they would eventually be killed if they stayed in the tank, and if they jump out to repair and get back in, they would still be vulnerable cos they would still be at a fraction of their health, unless a medic is on hand.

I really hate watching those vids and seeing the night and day difference between SP graphics and MP graphics. Even the shine of the weapons is virtually non existent in the mp footage so far. Obviously things have to be turned down for MP, but doesn't make it any less annoying. :(

The more damage a tank takes the longer it should take to repair to simulate da,age to vital components that can't be repaired on the battlefield. The first, say two hundred points of repair are as they are now, more than that its 50% or so?

Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been asked already but there are quite a few pages to go through.

Are there any thoughts on what cards will run this comfortably on max settings, without buying the top end stuff?

Thanks
Spawnsy
:)

Here are my thoughts as EA have not annouced precise system requirements as of yet.

So Based on people's general assumption this is BF3.5 running Frostbite 2.5 (Frostbite 3 Officially) It should be similar to BF3.

But from the footage i have studied and seen on you tube and live feeds, clearly shows faster and smoother projectiles motion (bullets, tanks shells and rockets, better smoke, water effects, glass reflections and the integrated commander mode, 64 players+2 commanders, in game squad voip and 1st, 3rd and table top views. The current game can use 1.8Gb of Gddr5 Vram in high res situations and big maps, so again this may increase to >2Gb of Vram......

These extra's (Over bf3) cost system resources and stack up to this game requiring a bump in GPU/CPU processing requirement to run in full ultra settings at 1080p+. I guessimate +20% more processing power needed.

This is of course unless dice have a super dooper optimised game engine that AMD and Nvidia drivers are optimised to use (No Chance at least not on release day any how. AMD say they are working directly with DICE to get this game working correctly!!!

If I were to recommend cards to play in ultra with a single monitor i'd suggest,

7950, 7970, 7990
680,770,780, Titan.

If you have three screens,

3x7950's upwards, 3x670's upwards.

I dont know much about low end cards but its sometimes cheaper to buy 2 cheaper cards and run in crossfire/sli and get better performance per £.

My brother has 3x660ti's running 3 monitors in ultra. He originally used 2x660ti's and acheived 110fps with a single screen and added the 3rd to use three screens 5760x1080p.

He also reported 55-62 fps in multiplayer with ultra settings with a single card. Currently a 660ti cost £200.

This is all obviously just speculation at this stage, but there is plenty of evidence that these requirements should be a reasonable level in system requirements......

As always just my thoughts.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom