Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

If you fire an RPG and you die, does it still vanish?

depends upon when you were shot.

Quite often it can appear that you "fired" your RPG because your view is client side. On the server side, if you were shot before you fired your RPG, your RPG would seemingly "disappear" and you'd still see the animation of it firing on your screen just before you die.

However on your opponents screen who shot you, you hadn't fired it yet, thus the timeline decides that as you hadn't fired your RPG yet before you were shot, so the server simply discounts that info from your client.

If however you fire it long range into the distance, and say get sniped while watching it firing off into the distance, no it won't vanish.

Can't wait for this, hoping my PC will be able to handle it. Loved the first 3 which I played on the consoles, this will be my first FPS played on a PC so I'll probably be pretty bad. I'm hoping they make the campaign even longer in this game, as I was able to complete it quite fast last time.

Can't wait for this, hoping my PC will be able to handle it. Loved the first 3 which I played on the consoles, this will be my first FPS played on a PC so I'll probably be pretty bad. I'm hoping they make the campaign even longer in this game, as I was able to complete it quite fast last time.

first three??

You won't. Right now it's this buggy alpha and doesn't feel so optimized yet only runs a bit worse than BF3 (probably 10-15fps worse for me)... so I'd expect that difference to be made up as it hits beta/release.

Isn't the Alpha missing all/most of the textures though? I heard that it was just a load of white textures.

Yes but textures are usually a case of whether you have the memory for them or not over CPU/GPU performance and there are what appear to be the normal maps in place. But again, I can't stress enough just how buggy this alpha is and they put in the notes for it that choppy performance was to be expected, so I'd be expecting the same FPS that I got in BF3 come beta/release or at least a good portion of that 10-15fps back.

Ah ok, well I'm hopeful I'll be alright. As I'm on a laptop I don't have the luxury of being able to upgrade too easily, and seeing as buying anything online in Canada is expensive and frustrating, hopefully I won't need to.

I'm another in the boat of hoping not to need an upgrade for this as I built my machine for BF3 and now have a new house and a son so money is no longer there for PC parts!!

Luckily I only play on a 19inch monitor so at a lower resolution that a lot play at I should be ok!!! :)

Battlefield 4

Seems to be some confusion over expected costs and packaging
So far I have seen upto £56 for the delux edition with the china rising expansion pack. As BF 3 has shown us expect to pay a wad for the expansions
It proved worth while paying up front for the expansions
Bear in mind if you buy the basic edition you won't be able to play on most servers if they have the new maps on the server rotation.
And commander mode is back "wahoo" the commander role can be played via a tablet/iPad as a stand alone, not sure if this is via a app or as part of the game package

Back
Top Bottom