Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Why can't the commander use VoIP or send voice-overs such as "My grandma could do better" or "Good work squad" ?
Why can't the commander fight?

+1 on the commander VOIP. Probably isn't used though as they want people to use tablets for some reason so they didn't bother with it. I believe it is in the game though!

IMO the commander shouldn't fight as he should be living up to his namesake and be commanding! If they could fight they either wouldn't be issuing commands and just fighting as a squadie or just being an asshat using the commander abilities to stat whore for themselves rather than for the benefit of the team.

Last edited:
funny you mention the commander voip.... I'm pretty sure there is one....or at least it's my only explanation for something. I was on my Ipad doing the commander shizzle when I randomly started to hear a voice talking o.O like not an in game voice, but there was one person actually talking.... I'm pretty sure I managed to transmit back to them too!!! was a case oh "uhhhh...um......hello? urhhh....can you hear me?....." no response though xD

but yea, commanders shouldn't be soldiers. if they soldiering then they ain't commanding! there's pretty much always an ability at the commander disposal so I want them to spam it!!! I remember in bf2 the commander was a ground troop.....but it would be a case of spawn in, hide under a truck somewhere and hope the enemy team don't spot you xD in BF4 you'd probably get kicked for idling while in commander mode if you were a troop....awesome coding and all that...

FOV, in 99.9% of shooters, when you aim down the sight you get a fixed FOV ie 65. This means you can run your in game FOV @ say 90 and keep good awareness while still being super accurate when ADS'ing. In BF4 they decided to tie your in game FOV to aiming FOV.

So I aim at the same point twice, once with 70 FOV, once with 90 FOV. Due to BF4 now giving me 90 FOV when I aim (so you can see around you, ffs DICE I just wanna shoot this guy hence ADS) that guy seems much smaller and further away on a 90 FOV screen.

They are going to fix this back to BF3 (and EVER other shooter) style ADS with the good ol fixed FOV but it isn't a priority as they have soo much more to fix.

Sounds bang on to me, you spot some-one (FOV 90) you aim at them (still FOV 90), just cause you ADS they shouldnt get any bigger/closer they stay the same.

Got ****ed off in my final round of Lockers last night, ended up going engineer and selecting the SMAW, as a group was in the tower for quite a while, then i went on a SMAW kill streak (splash radius is rather small, took zero damage with people like 5m from me).

hyperthreading has been exactly that in bf games hype :p

when bf3 first came out everyone said turn it off then articles arose that it could help so then all i7 users stated it was a big difference :D

there are as many benchmarks showing better fps with it off as on. now people say its better with it off again. :D comedy gold waits for next i7 owners to step in and say yep hyperthreading saved bf :D

hyperthreading bandwagon!!!! I have it only purely for the fact that in BF3, when I moved to x-fire (then SLI) I did notice HT helped a bit. think was a small gain in fps but also using the "perfoverlay.visible/enable" graph became more stable with HT turned on. so I've just left it xD

I remember in arma 2 though it reallllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy didn't like HT when I first started playing it :p

Getting fairly fed up of pub squads, is there an OCuk TS that people use or something similar?

Well we usually have a few of us on (nexus,markP,martyS,crispy,twoblacklines etc etc) We dont use ts but get by with voip ok I guess. Just add a load of blokes from the front page list. Some peeps I have as friends but dont like the game mode they play (rush) some i'm too intimidated to play with :o but most will switch and mix.

If you want ts then jgstonedraider and willgill have kindly said their ts is available for all the forum to use. Just send them a trust for details I suppose is the way to go.

+1, I want the M39 EMR but can't for the life of me bring myself to try and unlock it!

I have one kill with the first DMR, the irons suck, the damage sucks and the recoil is pony! Think I'll go on locker and just try hip fire till I unlock a scope!

Need to get my M98, need 3 more kills!

Josh

It feels very pure running around with a sniper rifle competing against automatic weapons and less precise easier weapons.

I hate camping snipers, but combat snipers/DMR's add another layer of difficulty as you only get 1-2 shots to kill each player before he goes full auto on your arse. Your aim has to be fast and precise or your toast.

The 338 sniper rifle with pull bolt is leathal. I've not unlocked it yet but managed to scavenge it off a dead player. Totally amazing virtual 1 shot kills every time.

The longest kill shot in history for a rifle was with a modified 338 Lapua Magnum round and was fired by a British Marksman corporal Craig Harrison in Afganistan 2.4Km's with a L115A3. Is this weapon in BF4?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom