Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Todays patch seems to have made the instances of people being invulnerable 5x worse :( and can't play for more than 20 minutes before it becomes extremely laggy - framerate is pretty much same as ever, RAM use isn't that much changed so probably not a memory leak.

I had a few hours of flawless play before the patch/server update closed the server i was on earlier.

It better not have ****ed things up again!

Finally got the dl issue sorted, now getting a whopping 1mbps dl speed. Had to use origin beta mode and create and install the EACore.ini file. Though by the sounds of how buggy the game is again it might still be a bit futile.:D

And i was correct in my assumption. Crashed back to battleslug. No error messages, no bf3 has stopped responding and nothing in event viewer. Just another typical dice patch. Game was actually running very well for me till today.

Last edited:
Finally got the dl issue sorted, now getting a whopping 1mbps dl speed. Had to use origin beta mode and create and install the EACore.ini file. Though by the sounds of how buggy the game is again it might still be a bit futile.:D

And i was correct in my assumption. Crashed back to battleslug. No error messages, no bf3 has stopped responding and nothing in event viewer. Just another typical dice patch. Game was actually running very well for me till today.

That crap DSL connection is probably why you stutter a lot Set.

Average 115 fps on Hainan resort.

Stuttering isnt too bad now, setting render ahead limit to 2 and unparking cores has cleaned it up a good deal. Still think that sli isnt utilised that well in this. But im moving to a single gtx 780 wf this week so should be grand. Dsl certainly doesnt help the situation though. Ps mate, ab osd now working on bf4. Much better for monitoring gpu/cpu use in game.

uB1IS7Z.png

Hadnt got cpu monitoring enabled at that time though.

Last edited:
Seems the patch didn't quite fix what we expected :(
On a funnier note had to laugh at this image I found on mordorhq

ibsSjJPN7qnx6Z.gif
:p

lol

its not the connection, its not the gfx card.

I can run close to an 120 fps and still it feels stuttery from time to time.
Has to do soemthing with FOV also i noticed. Play the game at FOV 100 and game feels like the speed of BF3. Play at low fov (75ish) feels sluggish and stuttery. Sadly you get gimped because of the ADS ****up that makes enemys look further away when on high FOV...

Iirc theyre going to reintroduce the FOV settings from bf3, (which was perfect imho), though dice being what they are will probably backtrack on this and call it a new 'art direction' or some other cow clap.

Good games as usual tonight with Mark, Marty, twoblacklines and the smooth talking nexus.

I don't know if I've just got worse or the 'netcode' is worse but in some servers i just couldn't hit anything at all and seemed to die instantly!

Good games as usual tonight with Mark, Marty, twoblacklines and the smooth talking nexus.

I don't know if I've just got worse or the 'netcode' is worse but in some servers i just couldn't hit anything at all and seemed to die instantly!

struggled to get onto servers tonight for a while :(

few good games, thanks as always guys, and there must be something up cos i finished close to the top of our side :eek:

cheers to stonehouse for being daft enough to let me gun in the attack heli, think i even killed someone woot :D

still think they could have done more with these maps allowing for more use of atc's and dirt bikes :(.

dont understand how the messed this up so much when BF3 was so solid

all they had to do was build from where BF3 left its almost like they started from scratch

dat voice

so smooth

Well he hasn't put his mic on when with us yet. Are you sure he doesn't sound like a 13yr old with a breaking voice? Kinda how I imagine him talking :eek:

im pretty much ready to give up now
no crashes tonight but the game is just rubbish
im loosing or drawing every single firefight now, every death is a 1 shot kill or double k.o. even when i empty an entire mag into the back of people I still loose the firefight

its just pointless playing, i can maybe get 1-2 kills before a 6-8 deathstreak
ive tried 10% 20% 30% 50% 90% 100% network slider, doesnt make any difference

I bought that the black Friday week for £2.99 as I have a friend that rages on about it, was boring. :o

Yeah I got it in the recent steam sale. I've already put about 15 hours in, it's fantastic. Depends if you're playing pub or comp. Pub is an irritation/cluster**** (same as BF4). Comp is awesome, it has some of the functions BF4 should have had on launch (integrated match making, clan ranking system, in game team leaderboards, in game spectating, VOD's) etc. Essentially it's shown me exactly why BF4 will never be on the same level as CS competitively.

It's also glorious not getting OHK'd multiple times a game, great hitreg, no frame drops. I play BF4 with a OC 780 and drop to 60-70 frames on low/med settings, it's disgraceful.

Back
Top Bottom